Sign in with
Your question

IRQL not lees or equal after xp x64 install

Last response: in Windows XP
May 21, 2009 9:16:39 PM

Well i bought 4 gigs of ram so i decided to install windows xp x64 from the 32 bit version, now i get the BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A

i get this screen more often when i play games (doom 3, crysis, quake 4) or watch something on windows media player, i installed all the latest drivers and ran memtest without any luck ive re-installed windows 3 times and still no luck, my friend has the exact same copy and everything seems fine with his so i know its not windows itself

P5NE-SLI
Quad core 6700 CPU
4 gigs OCZ platinum ram
EVGA 8800GTS 640mb and BFG 8800GTS 640 mb in SLI
SB audigy
coolermaster HAF 932
OCZ GAMER Xtreme 700W power supply

Never had a problem like this with the 32 bit version of XP been searching google about this for a while but they all say it can be the ram and Nvidia drivers but like i said i never had this problem before i ran the 4 gigs of ram a good 2 months before deciding to go with xp x64 so i know the ram is fine it never gave me a problem in the 32 bit version, can anyone point me in the right direction...
May 21, 2009 9:23:35 PM

Normally that message is driver related. Did you format when installing windows or just upgrade? There is likely old drivers conflicting with new. XP 64bit is notorious for poor driver support anyway.

I would suggest a program like drivercleaner to remove all of the old drivers.
May 21, 2009 10:14:02 PM

thanks for the quick reply but i formatted everything and did a fresh install of xp x64
!