Sign in with
Your question

New to forum and computer build! click if u like to help!

Last response: in Motherboards
June 4, 2007 2:34:20 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and my first computer build. I wouldn't say I'm completely clueless but I do own a Dell so enough said. I would like to build my own computer for my next one.

So far I know what cpu i want. It will be an Intel core 2 duo e6600 775
due to the great reviews and benchmarks from this site and others.

Now the next step would be picking a motherboard...but there's so many brands and even 5 different boards that would work within 1 brand.

Any advice on what the next great motherboard everyone is spending their money on is? i would like to spend around $250-300

also any other advice on my first computer build?

thanks in advance
June 4, 2007 6:17:35 AM

advice on your 1st build? take time, absorb all the info possible and double check everything. tbh I'd actually start messing with that dell as much as possible now. they are by no means the pinacle of hardware, but ripping it open and looking at some basic's can only help.

motherboards?

my preference for Intel chips right now.... Gigabyte, DFI, Asus; there's a couple more manufactorers, but those are my top 3 as of this moment.
June 4, 2007 7:03:44 AM

What do you need, how much do you want to spend? Can you use ant parts from your previous system? I have the P5N32-E SLI motherboard and I love it, it's not the most expensive but it's solid, stable, and overclocks great.
Related resources
June 4, 2007 10:31:42 PM

How are you going to use the machine? Games, video, etc. Again, your total budger. Do you need a monitor, speakers, etc?
!