Your question

Stupid AMD commercial

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Marketing
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
June 4, 2007 2:35:55 AM

Proof positve that AMD should be investing more cash in R&D and not spend a sing dime on Henri Richards and marketing.

AMD VS PIII commercial

More about : stupid amd commercial

June 4, 2007 3:14:55 AM

Athlons, PIIIs? How old is this commercial? Or is Henri still living in the past? Maybe that explains some of the claims that come out of AMD. They still think they are competing against PIIIs.
June 4, 2007 3:26:17 AM

Wow. Who let that one out of the cage?
Related resources
a c 487 à CPUs
a c 123 À AMD
June 4, 2007 3:36:15 AM

Quote:
Proof positve that AMD should be investing more cash in R&D and not spend a sing dime on Henri Richards and marketing.

AMD VS PIII commercial

Yeah, it is totally Henri's fault.

He must have used some extremely powerful evil jedi mind trick to convince the marketing people to put out an AMD Athlon vs. Pentium III commercial. It must be a powerful mind trick since Henri didn't join AMD until 2002.

Henri Richard Profile - Forbes.com

Either that or he's really stupid to put out such a commercial after he joined AMD when the Athlon XP and Pentium 4 were in the market. If so the marketing people must have really made that commercial a top priority especially since the Athlon 64 was introduced in 2003.
June 4, 2007 3:43:50 AM

Quote:

AMD VS PIII commercial

Yeah, it is totally Henri's fault.

He must have used some extremely powerful evil jedi mind trick to convince the marketing people to put out an AMD Athlon vs. Pentium III commercial. It must be a powerful mind trick since Henri didn't join AMD until 2002.

Henri Richard Profile - Forbes.com

Either that or he's really stupid to put out such a commercial after he joined AMD when the Athlon XP and Pentium 4 were in the market. If so the marketing people must have really made that commercial a top priority especially since the Athlon 64 was introduced in 2003.

Did I say that ad was Henri Richards fault? No, I said it was proof positive AMD shouldnt be wasting money on Henri and marketing....as in their attempts at marketing suck.
June 4, 2007 3:47:43 AM

So those who don't buy AMD will get hit by a train? 8O
June 4, 2007 3:52:53 AM

Glad I bought AMD, getting hit by a train would have ruined my day.
a b à CPUs
June 4, 2007 4:41:08 AM

ROFLMAO iv seen alot of train crashes on TV, does this have anything to do with it? ;) 
June 4, 2007 5:10:24 AM

I'll be locking my doors tonight 8O
June 4, 2007 5:15:09 AM

HAHA, I do have to admit, it's a lot better than Intel's core 2 duo commercials... damn they are f*cking annoying... gay emo hair dancing around I mean come on! I have to change the channel! Tell Intel to work on their marketing department! It seems like AMD needs more commercials like this... Come to think of it... AMD needs more commercials period.
June 4, 2007 5:57:11 AM

how old this thing is?
it seems from the first versions of SLOT A (brick) athlons... vs pentium !!!'s...
a c 145 à CPUs
a b À AMD
June 4, 2007 5:59:33 AM

Its funny.
June 4, 2007 6:29:51 AM

The commerical is most likely from 1999. You can tell the commercial is old by the set and the way people are dresssed in it. Also it makes a valid point that the Athlon is superior to PIII.

Quote:

This Ad has zero bearing on what is happening to AMD at the moment. And I would bet Henri Richards had little to no bearing on this commercial. That's why you hire an Ad agency.
June 4, 2007 6:31:05 AM

Quote:
The commerical is most likely from 1999. You can tell the commercial is old by the set and the way people are dresssed in it.

Here was I thinking it was the Pentium III that gave it away :wink:
June 4, 2007 6:35:03 AM

Quote:
Come to think of it... AMD needs more commercials period.

I have actually never seen an AMD commercial other than the one just posted.
June 4, 2007 6:44:16 AM

Quote:
Come to think of it... AMD needs more commercials period.

I have actually never seen an AMD commercial other than the one just posted.

You havent missed anything....they're just as stupid as the intel commercials. Its as if they're in competition to see who can create the worst commercials.
June 4, 2007 6:52:18 PM

Quote:
Its as if they're in competition to see who can create the worst commercials.

Intel's winning... It's as though AMD is implying that they are going to let Intel humiliate themselves with their commercials so AMD doesn't even try to make one
a b à CPUs
June 4, 2007 7:16:03 PM

Quote:

Intel's winning... It's as though AMD is implying that they are going to let Intel humiliate themselves with their commercials so AMD doesn't even try to make one

Intel will always win the "worst TV commercial award". The reason why, the Blue Man Group. I hate those blue faced faggots.
June 4, 2007 7:24:25 PM

Quote:

Intel will always win the "worst TV commercial award". The reason why, the Blue Man Group. I hate those blue faced faggots.

Point.
June 4, 2007 8:23:02 PM

Quote:
I had one of those Athlons.

The good days.... :lol: 

Yup..me too. It was my first AMD, and the last of the Intels I would buy until C2D
June 4, 2007 9:02:06 PM

Quote:
I had one of those Athlons.

The good days.... :lol: 

So did I. I've only had one Intel cpu in all the years after. But now I find myself considering one once again. Just have to figure out which one, and what motherboard, and whether to step up to DDR3 or not. Decisions, decisions.

AMD, AMD, calling AMD. Is anyone there?
June 4, 2007 9:23:23 PM

Quote:
???

Forums slow today :?

Yes, very slow. Is it the beginnings of the summer doldrums?
!