Why does unused desktop icon wizard lie?

Periodically, Windows informs me of unused desktop icons and offers to hide
them. The unused desktop icon wizard then lists the supposedly unused
icons. It is invariably wrong, listing numerous icons that i use often.

Why does Windows make this mistake?

How can I get windows to correctly track use of desktop icons, or,
alternatively, how can I kill the wizad forever?

Bill Pine
1 answer Last reply
More about unused desktop icon wizard

    In news:OO98vTlZFHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Bill Pine <wpine@comcast.net> did some thinking and came up with these
    words:
    > Periodically, Windows informs me of unused desktop icons and offers
    > to hide them. The unused desktop icon wizard then lists the
    > supposedly unused icons. It is invariably wrong, listing numerous
    > icons that i use often.
    > Why does Windows make this mistake?
    >
    > How can I get windows to correctly track use of desktop icons, or,
    > alternatively, how can I kill the wizad forever?
    >
    > Bill Pine

    Right click on Desktop - Properties - Desktop - Customize Desktop - remove
    check from Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

Desktop Icons Desktops Icons Windows XP