TacticalMonk

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004
This is my first build in about 6 years. I have been looking at parts and reviews for some time. I have already purchased the HD and the Optical Drive. The next purchase is the case and mobo.
I do have a question. Will this PS provide enough power to run everything effectively. I was a little concerned with the brand. I've never purchased anything by Rosewill.

Case

Power Supply

Mobo

Processor

Video Card

Memory

NEC 19" LCD Display

Seagate 320G 7200.10HD

LiteON DVD Drive

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Logitech THX Z-5300e

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

TacticalMonk

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Rosewill is a good brand and makes some quality products but they are fairly new to the PSU market. My suggestion would be to get this RAM and that would leave you an extra $55 you could use for something else. Also going with this or this would be a much better choice for a PSU.

TacticalMonk

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004
Thank you for your responses. The reason that came was that it was a combo deal from Newegg. After speaking with a local computer store, they mentioned that "with the power that the 8800GTX takes, you want to make sure that you have enough power to run the other components efficiently. You need to look at the 12V rail amperages." Will the PSs that you all recommended run the rest of the build without any problems? I ask because some were 620 watt PSs and I had been looking at a 750.

Thanks again for your assistance.

TacticalMonk

ausch30

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Watts and amps are two different things also a lot of PSU manufacturers don't accurately list their products real world operating abilities. All the PSU's we listed are more than powerful enough to run your system. Read this, mpilchfamily has put together a great list of PSU's for you to choose from. Just look at the list and you'll see what I'm talking about Ex: Enermax 620w 36amps Corsair 620w 50amps. All you need is 40amps max with one GTX we were just giving you a little headroom with our suggestions for overclocking and adding extra components.

TacticalMonk

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004
AUsch30,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I will read the list you provided and pick a PS from there. I appreciate your help.