Impact of game on external drive vs internal drive?

I have my Quake, MS Flight, Wolfenstein, etc on my external USB drive. Does
this affect performance? Can this have a dramatic impact on connection,
speed, etc?

"EvilBill" <evilbill25@freeuk.com> wrote in message
> Tremble ye! for upon this sandbank of Apophis Jason Aguon
> <jax5050@aol.com> wrote:
> > I have my Quake, MS Flight, Wolfenstein, etc on my external USB
> > drive. Does this affect performance? Can this have a dramatic
> > impact on connection, speed, etc?
>
> Internet connection, most likely no.
> Game speed (FPS), possibly. I don't know a huge amount about external
> drives, though.

Should only effect loading times, not? unless you don't have enough ram to
support q3 in action and q3 loads during play. But it wont affect fps/ping