O2 XDA II

June 7, 2004 12:03:57 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Hi there,

I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.

However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in wifi
(the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me carrying
the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I don't
really need it).

So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with the
iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
others so am happy to weigh it all up).

Cheers,
Pete

More about : xda

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 11:41:43 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Pete,
I've been trialling the XDAII at work. Its a great looking tool much
liked by our users but completely marred by appalling battery life
(3-4 hours talk MAX); there's not even an expanded battery available.

So we'd love to use it but definately won't be because of this one
fatal issue.

Regards,
Charles

"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<40c2ec0d$0$8987$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Hi there,
>
> I'm curious to know people's thoughts on the XDA II. I currently have an
> iPAQ 5550 and I'm quite happy with it.
>
> However, I'm attracted to the GSM aspect of the XDA. Feature wise, the XDA
> probably packs more of a punch on paper, with the exception of built-in wifi
> (the XDA support wifi card), the XDA doubles as my phone (saving me carrying
> the phone with me), accepts CF cards and a built-in camera (although I don't
> really need it).
>
> So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with the
> iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision, but I do value the opinions of
> others so am happy to weigh it all up).
>
> Cheers,
> Pete
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:11:47 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

In article <40c2ec0d$0$8987$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
"Pete" <NOSPAM.peter.i@optusnet.com.au> writes:
>So, money aside, would the XDA be a good purchase or should I stick with the
>iPAQ? (I know it's ultimately my decision)

Try just to bring with you your IPAQ at all times during a week, just
like you would do with your phone. If you feel OK doing it, go for the
XDA.

I do not own a XDA, but I replaced my PDA + phone by a smartphone
(SonyEricsson P900), and having only one device, always with you is
really killer. But the P900 is quite small, I do not know if you would
feel confortable always having an XDA with you.

--
Colas Nahaboo, Webcore, ILOG Sophia Antipolis, http://colas.nahaboo.net
June 9, 2004 9:19:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

Thanks Charles.

!