Windows Vista 64 to Windows 7 Upgrade

VinnyChase

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I will be purchasing Windows Vista Home Premium 64 w/ free Windows 7 upgrade and wanted to find out which is better:

1. Install Windows Vista Home Premium 64 w/ all my intended programs and then install Windows 7 over it when it comes out.

2. Install Windows Vista Home Premium 64 w/ limited programs and then do a format and fresh install of Windows 7.

gnilaeh

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
i checked out 7rc to see what difference it had with my everquest game with 2 to 3 toons compared to vista 32 bit i have. if it did well, and it did, i was wanting to try vista 64 bit for 10 bucks from ms hoping it would do well. i havent used it much in the game yet. running around with a single toon seemed to be better than the 32 bit. as for your question, i would wait awhile so all the bugs can be worked out first. had some minor stuff come up with 7rc but i think it will be a good os in the future esp with online gaming.

VinnyChase

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009

That's what I figured. I wanted to see if I could avoid installing Vista 64 then Windows 7 later on because it's a PITA.