Direct tv - High Def Dvr.

Anybody here have a high def dvr for direct tv? Would like to know how
you rate it and best price to buy one, Direct tv customer here.
Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about direct high

    I have the I have the HR10-250 TIVO and I am thrilled with it. I used to
    have to stay home and/or juggle my schedule to get hidef programs (I no
    longer watch anything in standard format) and now I can watch these shows
    anytime. I can record two shows at the same time, which is great. Note that
    hidef recording capacity is kind of limited, at thirty hours. That might
    seem like a lot, but if you record a few hidef movies for later viewing,
    your capacity can get used up pretty quickly. Upgrade kits are available to
    increase capacity, but at the already hefty price of $800-$1000, I wasn't
    willing to spend any more. When I bought my unit, the best prices could be
    found on Ebay. I shop these things aggressively, and the Ebay pricing beat
    everyone else by at lest one hundred dollars. Frankly, I don't know how they
    do such good prices. I just bought a 60GB Photo Ipod for $515 delivered from
    an EBay vendor. I would have had to pay six hundred plus tax, and almost on
    one discounts Ipods. Of course, I am not complaining about lower prices :)

    "R W" <Fine_Tuning@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > Anybody here have a high def dvr for direct tv? Would like to know how
    > you rate it and best price to buy one, Direct tv customer here.
    > Thanks in advance

    I have the HR10-250 TIVO and I like it just fine. To my knowledge it is the
    only High Definition DVR for use with Directv. The unit is pricy ($800-900)
    but you can get that price down by calling Directv's customer retention
    number and asking for a credit. The longer you've been with Directv the
    higher the credit. I believe they range from $100 to $250 plus sometimes
    they give additional credits.

    Some people have had problems with their units but mine has been perfect so
    far. I did have the "HDMI Problem" many people refer to but it turned out
    the problem was with the TV not the HD receiver. There's a lot of
    information on this unit at this forum:
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36

    "R W" <Fine_Tuning@webtv.net> wrote in message
    > Anybody here have a high def dvr for direct tv? Would like to know how
    > you rate it and best price to buy one, Direct tv customer here.
    > Thanks in advance

HDTV TV DVR Home Theatre