  • DVR
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
January 22, 2005 5:22:29 AM

Anybody here have a high def dvr for direct tv? Would like to know how
you rate it and best price to buy one, Direct tv customer here.
Thanks in advance

More about : direct high def dvr

Anonymous
January 22, 2005 3:04:37 PM

I have the I have the HR10-250 TIVO and I am thrilled with it. I used to
have to stay home and/or juggle my schedule to get hidef programs (I no
longer watch anything in standard format) and now I can watch these shows
anytime. I can record two shows at the same time, which is great. Note that
hidef recording capacity is kind of limited, at thirty hours. That might
seem like a lot, but if you record a few hidef movies for later viewing,
your capacity can get used up pretty quickly. Upgrade kits are available to
increase capacity, but at the already hefty price of $800-$1000, I wasn't
willing to spend any more. When I bought my unit, the best prices could be
found on Ebay. I shop these things aggressively, and the Ebay pricing beat
everyone else by at lest one hundred dollars. Frankly, I don't know how they
do such good prices. I just bought a 60GB Photo Ipod for $515 delivered from
an EBay vendor. I would have had to pay six hundred plus tax, and almost on
one discounts Ipods. Of course, I am not complaining about lower prices :)

"R W" <Fine_Tuning@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Anybody here have a high def dvr for direct tv? Would like to know how
> you rate it and best price to buy one, Direct tv customer here.
> Thanks in advance

January 22, 2005 6:43:26 PM

I have the HR10-250 TIVO and I like it just fine. To my knowledge it is the
only High Definition DVR for use with Directv. The unit is pricy ($800-900)
but you can get that price down by calling Directv's customer retention
number and asking for a credit. The longer you've been with Directv the
higher the credit. I believe they range from $100 to $250 plus sometimes
they give additional credits.

Some people have had problems with their units but mine has been perfect so
far. I did have the "HDMI Problem" many people refer to but it turned out
the problem was with the TV not the HD receiver. There's a lot of
information on this unit at this forum:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?s...

!