Second DX10 game showing AMDs R600 lacking

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
so after all the abuse "the inquirer" gets for publishing BS, people still read and provide linkage to their site :roll: :roll:

only difference this time is that it is a negative performance news about AMD 8)

The source is of course suspect, but read this thread, itll help http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Bit-Labs-review-ATI-2900XT-8800ftopic-238686-days0-orderasc-25.html To say weve done or have DX10 now is a joke. This is mostly DX9 with a lil DX10 thrown in. You cant make a judgement on DX10 as we really dont have it yet, be it demos, or "patches". And so everyone gets this straight, I dont care which card does what, I dont like standing still with tech, and this is all this is, a waste of tech. Im upset with the software devs, and anyone that thinks this is DX10 can have it. We will know a real DX10 game/demo when we see one.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
The inquirer is not always wrong, just most of the time.

you much have your own "branch prediction" or how the hell do u know if it is right or wrong at the time of publish? by guessing?

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I know cause the inquirer has posted TONNES of horse shit in the past. So i don't trust them. They are about as truthful as FOX. So next time you want to tell someone to shut it get your facts straight i did not say they were right or that they were wrong i said that they are USUALLY full of it. Like you. 'tard.

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
If it's DX10 components then its DX10 no if thens or buts. I don't care if its 90% DX9 and only 10% DX10. If a product contains a tiny amount of peanuts then a person allergic to peanuts will be affected by it!

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I know cause the inquirer has posted TONNES of horse **** in the past. So i don't trust them. They are about as truthful as FOX. So next time you want to tell someone to shut it get your facts straight i did not say they were right or that they were wrong i said that they are USUALLY full of it. Like you. 'tard.

if you say someone is "full of it" is it full of it in a right way or a wrong way? it can only be right or wrong to use "full of it"...

keep smacking yourself with your "full of it" until you start to noticing how stupid you are.

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
If it's DX10 components then its DX10 no if thens or buts. I don't care if its 90% DX9 and only 10% DX10. If a product contains a tiny amount of peanuts then a person allergic to peanuts will be affected by it!

ees horreeble, dis analogy

:roll:

allergies are not code... it is more the opposite of what you are saying but even that is inaccurate. Let me esplain... no, is too long. Let me sum-up:

code is not "optimised" by simply removing one expensive function call when there is still 90% of the code using that same function. Neither does a patch that adds "some" dx10 functionality to a game make it a dx10 game. In the case of dx10 one big hype was the lack of dx9 legacy code... thus if that is a parameter for dx10, then it must actually have NO dx9 code or else it is just a shoddy patch/port that enables some eye candy but gains nothing of the "chewy center" that makes (or was supposed to make) dx10 so handy.

eef you no undahstan dat, den you no get nuthin.

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
so after all the abuse "the inquirer" gets for publishing BS, people still read and provide linkage to their site :roll: :roll:

only difference this time is that it is a negative performance news about AMD 8)
Your combative attitude and insulting manner serve only to highlight your narrow-mindedness and stupidity. Had you actually read the article you would have seen that it links to a review done by a trustworthy third party, LegitReviews. Instead of doing that, however, you took the first opportunity to shoot your mouth off like some fool. Then when someone calls you out you engage in a war of insults with someone else in a lame attempt to divert attention away from the fact that your idiocy was exposed. Retard.

P.S. Should you wish to counter this post with another poorly-worded monument to the negative effects of the internet on grammar and punctuation, do not expect a reply, for you have wasted enough of my time already.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
well since grammer and wording are on your subject, lets see how many chinese words, sentence can you write in your perfect post? 8)

I did see the link to a 3rd party, my point was: since most of u think the Inq is so "full of it" why do u all still check it? why did you not go to your trustworthy third party, LegitReviews site straight?

and your damn right about my combative and agressive attitude because I'm tired of people calling out "full of it", "BS", "lies" commented not because based on facts but following other people's opinion.

if you think most of Inq news are "BS" and "full of it", make a tech news site yourself and see if you can do better? If you are so aware of "wasting your time" on me, you shouldn't bother at the first place, but you did. Im sure there are other people have comment on me but they didnt post because they didnt want to waste their time.

Judging from your post count, dont give me that "im so busy" and "wasting my time" crap, if you are here on the forum, you have time, if you had time to post 2000+ messages, you have time. you're not in it for the next election to be come some1 important, so why do u pretending to be one?

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Dude, who cares what anyone says (especially you) you have no hard evidence that the card will suck or rule. You don't own one, you don't know if the benchmark was properly conducted, so shut up and stop speculating. You can't prove anything about the card, however from tonnes of evidence the inquirer tends to hone sack. I don't know if the results are legit but that wont stop me from buying the card, it is a lot better than what i currently have so i am getting it irregardless.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Let me guess, you are from the inquirer staff? That site is more full of sh1t than your head. Did i say they were wrong? NO i did not you stupid C|_||\|T. I simply stated that the inquirer usually talks a load of crap. So you can get back in the big gay orgy they are playing host to or you can take their info with a BAG of salt.

does not matter what kind of crap they are talking about, it can either be RIGHT or WRONG, so what are u suggesting? are they talking about the RIGHT CRAP or WRONG CRAP?

Statement: Rabidpeanut is homosexual
Arguement: I am talking crap
Prediction: Is Rabidpeanut homosexual or is he not?
Answer: ______________ ? Yes / No
Am I correct or Incorrect, Right or Wrong: ___________, ___________?

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
There seems to be a communication hole here. personally i think we need to wait to see if the card will be oaky cause reviews can turn out to be completely wrong. I think it will be okay, it is keeping up with the 8800 on broken drivers so it should be a good buy it is cheapish and quite fast, i believe it runs the game badly NOW but we will have to wait and see.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I think my speech patterns are eluding you. I said they are usually full of crap, and the benchmark might be, so you will have to judge for yourself. I said they 'might be' talking crap, the thing with liars is that they sometimes tell the truth so it makes it hard to know, basically you will just have to wait till toms does a benchmark of dx10 games. Toms has become trustworthy over the years, ever since the 5ghz project turned out to be a load they have cleaned up their act nicely. Except for some of those reviews, ie the Z-board one that was a border line advert... Basically with the inquirer you never know.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
Sadly there still isn't a single fully developed DX10 game out there yet :cry: and it is 6 months since NVIDIA released the G80.

I certainly cant remember we had to wait for these long when 9700PRO was introduced for DX9 but then again probably because DX10 is a lot more complicated.

And i really dont see the point people giving out to AMD/ATI for delaying a DX10 product launch, what the heck is it for? Vista? :lol:

But do right to give out to them about the performance and the crappy drivers they provided. But then again we are only judging the performance of the card based on DX9 tech so I guess we'll just have to wait and see like all this hype about Barcelona etc :cry:

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I agree on the DX 10 not here yet note, i think people were just pissed off cause the dx10 cards are a lot faster at dx9 too. Hype sucks, good thing time kills hype. Basically we will only be able to talk when Crysis gets here an makes these cards look like crap. :(.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
LOL, sounded like poeple should shoot down the game developers not AMD/ATI's late launch of their own DX10 hardware :lol: :lol:

If both companies want to make some serious money on DX10 hardware, they should strike a sales deal with Blizzard, make WoW2, and make it DX10 only !! thats some what 9 million units in sales! regardless of performance, as long as it works and have simular gfx effects as on DX9.

Heck ATI and NVIDIA could even charge them nerdy players by subscription:"you pay us $1 a month to keep the DX10 functionalities alive" and they'll still pay it just to stay on WOW 24/7 and u can make $9m a month!

hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol:

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I'm going to eat my words and reply, mostly because I see now that I was, to be frank, being a dickhead. I'd like to apologize and say that while I disagree with you, I see the point you were trying to make now, and even before that you said nothing to warrant my aggravated response
BTW: I speak Chinese :lol:

Back on topic: When is AMD going to release the 2900XTX? Then we can get a real verdict in about top-of-the-range... I don't think We'll be seeing DX10 games

Thank you for the understanding manner in which you addressed this matter. Posters on this forum can learn a great deal from the way you handled this . . .

And may I say that your english is certainly better than my chinese. Gosh . . . your english is better than my english :p

I'm going to eat my words and reply, mostly because I see now that I was, to be frank, being a dickhead. I'd like to apologize and say that while I disagree with you, I see the point you were trying to make now, and even before that you said nothing to warrant my aggravated response
BTW: I speak Chinese :lol:

Back on topic: When is AMD going to release the 2900XTX? Then we can get a real verdict in about top-of-the-range... I don't think We'll be seeing DX10 games

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Does anyone know what all the fuss with vista and crossfire and sli is? Cause seriously if vista does not like Crossfire then vista can go and ..... itself.