• Too ashamed by their performance

Votes: 55 61.8%
  • Too smart, and try to cover up as much as they can

Votes: 34 38.2%

• Total voters

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
DISCLAIMER: This poll is only meant to measure the general opimion; please hold yourself from turning it into a flame. If you are in a flaming mood, please, just vote and don't post anything. Thanks.
Since more or less all of us are pretty angry about the ever missing K10 benchmarks, I was wondering about the reasons this might have and there are actually only 2 of them:
1-K10 is such a bad performer compared to Conroe/Penryn that AMD want's to lie as much as they can before real benches are out. This looks pretty possible also in the light of the famous, but maybe missinterpreted POV-Ray demo.
2-K10 performs well compared to the competition, but they are so smart that they want to put Intel into alert state as late as possible and they are even faking their own performance down, to make Intel fall asleep.
What do you guys think?!

samael

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2007
I guess we’ll know soon enough ... AMD will reveal something at Computex ... at least that's the general feeling

Claig

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
I hope more threads like this pop up, great way to boost my post count without typing anything constructive or interesting.

Azreil_2

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
:roll: No time like the present to stop lurking and start posting :p

TBH, I hope that AMD are just being smart and that they will either kick Intel's
ass or at least be on par with them. But who knows :lol:

Claig

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
Welcome to the forums!

Couldn't agree more. It works out best for us consumers when a new piece of hardware wipes the floor with its competitor. More competition = better hw!

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
DISCLAIMER: This poll is only meant to measure the general opimion; please hold yourself from turning it into a flame. If you are in a flaming mood, please, just vote and don't post anything. Thanks.
Since more or less all of us are pretty angry about the ever missing K10 benchmarks, I was wondering about the reasons this might have and there are actually only 2 of them:
1-K10 is such a bad performer compared to Conroe/Penryn that AMD want's to lie as much as they can before real benches are out. This looks pretty possible also in the light of the famous, but maybe missinterpreted POV-Ray demo.
2-K10 performs well compared to the competition, but they are so smart that they want to put Intel into alert state as late as possible and they are even faking their own performance down, to make Intel fall asleep.
What do you guys think?!

I realy don't care truthfully. I hope they improve K8 significantly, but it won't make or break my day. I always say that AMD can't be as flamboyant as Intel because of their size.
But I also say that they hire Alpha and Itanium engrs and IBM managers to make sure they can do what they say.

If they really got 1.8x Opteron, we will see shortly. It maybe possible that they added something last minute, like single core OCing. Who knows?

I did vote for the least bad choice which was too smart. At least this should be the last one of these as Agena should be benched during the week at Computex.

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Glad u did this poll, since I'm curious to see if the vocal opinion is actually the majority, marginal majority, or even a minority. I think it will take a day or two to get 40-80 votes, so the thread should be bumbed up this evening.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I´m certain you can. It´ll be an intel though. :!:
I really don't care what it is; I will just get the best price performance and will probably go for the cheapest one. Probably will be a Q6600 if the Phenom line shines, because they'll be too expensive in that case, however, I don't want to get anything lower than a Q6600 (and a lovely 3.0GHz OC) if Phenom sucks :evil:

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
This will be worth for all barcelona chips matching or exceeding the performance of a $900 Intel chip; otherwise, they will be forced to adhere to the price/performance position they belong.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
I'm not sure that they will truly take back the performance crown. They might extend the lead in places that they already "owned", but I doubt that they will flip Blue.
We're missing everything here to have a picture of the future positions; they claim a lot of goodies, including breaking into Intel's last fortress, the laptop but until they play this stupid game of claiming without proofing, what can we say? :roll: !

halbhh

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
I bet they'll hue to the price/performance ratios also, and therefore you'll have a choice at that $200-300 range, with similar performance. That's a reasonable guess. It might take a month or two for the initial flunctuation to move there, but I think it will. Let's hope AMD has good sense enough to make their product mix weighted toward quads. I think single cores should now be relegated to speciality chips.