After log in the computer ignores all input for 30 minutes...

bsprowl

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
I'm an adjunct instructor and teach Office 2007 which is the first class of the day in one of the University's labs.

After I log in to the Windows lab network, the computer I'm using ignores all mouses clicks and keyboard input for about 30 minutes. My students are able to log in without any problems. I am able to log into the administrative network (in the secretary's office) without any problems. The lab network is connected to the school's network and the Internet.

My class starts an hour before the network manager starts his work day. The problem is always gone before he gets to work. I think that the instructor's log into a different server than the students but that may not be the case. The network manager is not interested in solving my problem since he can't duplicate it after he gets to the lab.

This problem started early last week. Before that there were no problems.

Any suggestions?

brw02005

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Sorry don't think anyone can help you here. This may be the result of a custom software set up created by that network manager. If I had to guess your probably the first one to log into the server in the morning and thus it has to bring itself out of standby. A 30 minutes start up though does sound kind of ridiculous but maybe it has to reindex files or something before it can come available.
Since your tech manager is never going to show up early enough to be the first to log on he probably wont care or wont believe you which is a shame since he's the only one with the access to fix it.

riser

Illustrious
Sounds like a profile issue -

Have the Network manager remove your profile from the local computer and from the network if using roaming profiles.

Is it only on one computer or all computers at the first log in?

If its on multiple computers, still have the profile removed and recreated at logon. Also, have them remove your login script to see if that is effecting your account - They should be able to manually write a batch file to connect your network drives after you login without having a login script active.