Administrator access.

rfk711

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
My Windows Vista 64 bit OS won't allow me to do basic fixes using Spybot Search and Destroy software, saying that I don't have "Administrator Access", even though my profile in User Accounts is listed as "Administrator". Also, when I try to switch from the "Standard" button to "Administrator", it won't allow the change and simply stays on "Standard". What am I missing?

Solution
You have to run Spybot as administrator... ie right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". You might want to also place a check mark in "Run this program as Administrator" under the compatibility tab.
You have to run Spybot as administrator... ie right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator". You might want to also place a check mark in "Run this program as Administrator" under the compatibility tab.

Solution

rfk711

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Zoron - Excellent advise. Thanks. Spybot ran perfectly. Simplicity is bliss. Now, I'll try to find some Internet Security that will work with the 64 bit X86 configuration. If you know of something that's cheap and bomber, I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thanks again.

rfk