Csvar

Hi,
I'm a total n00b and got problem. On some server punkbuster asked mi to
change my csvar. Well, don't even know what it is and where to change it. I
searched the web with google and no result.

Gregory
2 answers Last reply
More about csvar

    On 6/18/2004 7:14 AM Mumio brightened our day with:

    >Hi,
    >I'm a total n00b and got problem. On some server punkbuster asked mi to
    >change my csvar. Well, don't even know what it is and where to change it. I
    >searched the web with google and no result.
    >
    >Gregory

    Its *CVAR*, not csvar.
    Go to http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/players/index.htm and read
    the manual. You've just got some bad setting like maybe your cg_fov is
    set to high.

    --
    “The braying sheep on my TV screen
    Make this boy shout, make this boy scream!"

    Steve [Inglo]

    you need to increase or decrease it.to do so drop your consol when in the
    game server....by pressing the key to the left of the 1 key above
    tab...then set a new rate to something which complies with the server....
    by typing /rate 15000
    15000 maybe ok but it depends on the server.if you use the all seeing eye to
    locate games you play...free download from here
    http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html
    one of the windows tells you the server settings.max fps.rate.snaps etc you
    may optimse this way. however 15000 should do you fine in most servers.try
    it.
    simon.
    aka brother *maul

    "Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
    > On 6/18/2004 7:14 AM Mumio brightened our day with:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >I'm a total n00b and got problem. On some server punkbuster asked mi to
    > >change my csvar. Well, don't even know what it is and where to change it.
    > >searched the web with google and no result.
    > >
    > >Gregory
    > >

    > Its *CVAR*, not csvar.
    > Go to http://www.evenbalance.com/publications/players/index.htm and read
    > the manual. You've just got some bad setting like maybe your cg_fov is
    > set to high.
    >
    > --
    > “The braying sheep on my TV screen
    > Make this boy shout, make this boy scream!"
    >
    > Steve [Inglo]

Google Games Servers Video Games