Icon Question

Got a question if I may please?

I just downloaded and installed a new video driver. No conflicts with the
install, which is quite a familiar process and has been done many times.
What I noticed that was unusual this time was that an icon I have on the
desktop that bore a manufactuer's logo has now been changed to reflect a
standard Microsoft in house logo.
Can someone solve this mystery for me. I assume it has something to do with
the way the driver interfaces, but I don't understand why the icon has
changed.
Thank you
Dudley
2 answers Last reply
More about icon question

    On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:02:25 -0400, Dudley Henriques wrote:

    > Got a question if I may please?
    >
    > I just downloaded and installed a new video driver. No conflicts with the
    > install, which is quite a familiar process and has been done many times.
    > What I noticed that was unusual this time was that an icon I have on the
    > desktop that bore a manufactuer's logo has now been changed to reflect a
    > standard Microsoft in house logo.
    > Can someone solve this mystery for me. I assume it has something to do with
    > the way the driver interfaces, but I don't understand why the icon has
    > changed.
    > Thank you
    > Dudley

    What's the icon for? If it's a shortcut, delete it and create a new one
    -or- use the "Change Icon" button on the properties sheets.

    If the icon is a shortcut to a website, visit the site again and a new
    favicon will download (customized icons used in place of the standard IE
    icon).

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thank you Sharon. This morning I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it.
    The icon is now normal again.
    Dudley
    > On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:02:25 -0400, Dudley Henriques wrote:
    >
    >> Got a question if I may please?
    >>
    >> I just downloaded and installed a new video driver. No conflicts with the
    >> install, which is quite a familiar process and has been done many times.
    >> What I noticed that was unusual this time was that an icon I have on the
    >> desktop that bore a manufactuer's logo has now been changed to reflect a
    >> standard Microsoft in house logo.
    >> Can someone solve this mystery for me. I assume it has something to do
    >> with
    >> the way the driver interfaces, but I don't understand why the icon has
    >> changed.
    >> Thank you
    >> Dudley
    >
    > What's the icon for? If it's a shortcut, delete it and create a new one
    > -or- use the "Change Icon" button on the properties sheets.
    >
    > If the icon is a shortcut to a website, visit the site again and a new
    > favicon will download (customized icons used in place of the standard IE
    > icon).
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User