Saving Web pictures with IE

Keleneki

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
Hello.

I want to save some pictures that are on Web pages. Before, when I right clicked on a picture, the little window would open with the file name of the picture and I could choose a folder to save it to. For the past few days, when I tried to do this, it says untitled and the pull down tab on the bottom only has bitmap.

I first ran into the problem when I was using IE6. I went back to IE5 and the problem still exists. I then downloaded Opera and I am able to save pictures there (they are labeled when I try to save them). Still, I am used to using IE and would like to go back to using it if at all possible. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What file types are these images originally?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Keleneki

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
The pictures on the Web pages were *.jpg. I never had any problem saving pictures before. When I right clicked on the picture and chose "save picture as .." the name of the picture would be in the box and then I would just choose the folder to save to and it would save it to my computer. I don't know why IE doesn't let me save in anything but *.bmp now. Or why it doesn't display the name of the file. It just says untitled. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Morwing

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2001
I have met the same proble, but it can be bypassed, bit slow, but it works. Windows stores ALL images when used IE in "x:\windows\temporary internet files\*.*" you could check here for the images you need. Don't empty cache, or the images will be lost (copy them elsewhere).

- Jan :)

AMD 1 GHz
MSI K7T Pro 2
512 MB RAM
GF2MX
SBLive! 1024
Win98SE/ Mandrake Linux 8.0

Keleneki

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2001
Hmm, you have not heard of any way of getting past this problem? I guess I will be formating my hard drive real soon then and will put everything on clean. I expect and hope that will bring it back to the way it used to be. Thanks for the tip about the looking in that temp folder.