gutierrezdairy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I reinstalled Vista cause it got really slow, anyways, afterwards, I inserted my motherboard's driver disc (evga 750i FTW). I installed the audio drivers and chose to restart later. Then I installed the mainboard drivers. After I restarted I tried to access the internet, but nothing. The icon in the system tray had a red "x". I clicked diagnose and repair and it said something about the network hardware not installed. I'm using the ethernet connection from my mobo, so why didn't it recognize it? Even the green light where the ethernet cable hooks up lights up and all of my wifi connections work too. Can someone help me?

Solution
Download the drivers from the web page of manufacturer (from another pc). Check in the devices manager, if the network adapter is showing with a yellow color, the drivers isn't the correct for the OS. Be sure that download the correct drivers for the OS x64 or 32 bits.
Download the drivers from the web page of manufacturer (from another pc). Check in the devices manager, if the network adapter is showing with a yellow color, the drivers isn't the correct for the OS. Be sure that download the correct drivers for the OS x64 or 32 bits.

Solution

gutierrezdairy

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well, the first time I used the disk to install the drivers and it worked fine (that was about 4 months ago) and I will try to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them several times, if it doesn't work then I'll try to download from the website. Thanks for the advice (btw I'm running x64 Vista)