LAN server wont show in list

Last response: in Video Games
June 22, 2004 1:11:15 AM

Greetings,

I was trying to setup a multiplayer game of Q3TA on my LAN, however, the
server would not appear on the other computer. Both computers are Win98SE
and have TCP/IP installed. I have previously got all my games to work over
the LAN, including Q2. I shutdown Zone Alarm on both computers also, but to
no avail. To the best of my knowledge, the server started correctly (I can
play on it).

Can anyone help please?
June 22, 2004 1:11:16 AM

Even though you can't see it in a list in game ,server browser or whatever
I'll bet you can bring down the consol and connect that way.
Just type /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x is the address of the server.
I have seen this before a few times and this has always worked.
"Holey Moley" <spam-me@yeahright.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I was trying to setup a multiplayer game of Q3TA on my LAN, however, the
> server would not appear on the other computer. Both computers are Win98SE
> and have TCP/IP installed. I have previously got all my games to work
over
> the LAN, including Q2. I shutdown Zone Alarm on both computers also, but
> no avail. To the best of my knowledge, the server started correctly (I
can
> play on it).
>
> Can anyone help please?

Anonymous
June 22, 2004 11:09:31 PM

Unfortunately, that causes the computer to freeze with looping sound. All I
can do is move the windows mouse (not the Quake one); not even Ctrl-Alt-Del
works.

!