LAN server wont show in list

Greetings,

I was trying to setup a multiplayer game of Q3TA on my LAN, however, the
server would not appear on the other computer. Both computers are Win98SE
and have TCP/IP installed. I have previously got all my games to work over
the LAN, including Q2. I shutdown Zone Alarm on both computers also, but to
no avail. To the best of my knowledge, the server started correctly (I can
play on it).

Can anyone help please?
2 answers Last reply
More about server wont show list

    Even though you can't see it in a list in game ,server browser or whatever
    I'll bet you can bring down the consol and connect that way.
    Just type /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x is the address of the server.
    I have seen this before a few times and this has always worked.
    "Holey Moley" <spam-me@yeahright.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I was trying to setup a multiplayer game of Q3TA on my LAN, however, the
    > server would not appear on the other computer. Both computers are Win98SE
    > and have TCP/IP installed. I have previously got all my games to work
    over
    > the LAN, including Q2. I shutdown Zone Alarm on both computers also, but
    > no avail. To the best of my knowledge, the server started correctly (I
    can
    > play on it).
    >
    > Can anyone help please?

    Unfortunately, that causes the computer to freeze with looping sound. All I
    can do is move the windows mouse (not the Quake one); not even Ctrl-Alt-Del
    works.

    "MacK" <mtr@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Even though you can't see it in a list in game ,server browser or whatever
    > I'll bet you can bring down the consol and connect that way.
    > Just type /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x is the address of the server.
    > I have seen this before a few times and this has always worked.
    > "Holey Moley" <spam-me@yeahright.com> wrote in message
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > I was trying to setup a multiplayer game of Q3TA on my LAN, however, the
    > > server would not appear on the other computer. Both computers are
    Win98SE
    > > and have TCP/IP installed. I have previously got all my games to work
    > over
    > > the LAN, including Q2. I shutdown Zone Alarm on both computers also,
    but
    > > no avail. To the best of my knowledge, the server started correctly (I
    > can
    > > play on it).
    > >
    > > Can anyone help please?

LAN Games Servers Video Games