loadin_a_bowl

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
i recently had my 6600gt die on me so i had to purchase a new agp card (x1950pro) after it wouldnt fit i reinstalled everything in a spare atx fulltower case i had lying around well when i turn on my computer it will post and say no array defined press ctrl+y to setup and detects my hard drive in that menu but if i let it keep booting it says insert bootable media so i tried to reinstall windows and saying theres no harddrive installed but when i go to the bios it doesnt detect it why will it only detect it in the first menu? i dont think the hard drive is broken i just recently bougt it a month ago :( any help would be greatly appericated
my ssystem specs if it matter
p4 3.0e
1 gig ddr400 memory(2x512)
asus p4p-800e motheboard
x1950pro 512mb agp
400gig sata 1 drive
500watt psu rosewill
and forgive my grammer

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
shouldn't matter

i think he is trying to load os on a new drive - the old drive was an ide no doubt - right?
the system does not reconize the new sata drive.

if so, throw in the old ide drive - go into disk managemenet get the sata reconnized then load windows on it.

mpjesse

Splendid
well if his hdd isn't in the boot sequence it would matter. and if he moved his hdd to a different SATA port that would cause the boot sequence to change on some mobos. :wink:

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
if hd is before cd - you could be right - depends on the mobo

thats an old 800 series chipset - the boot sequence should be auto to floppy cd hdd

the error is after all 3 has been done - its asking for a floppy after it could not see a hdd

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
i lov Florida - my wife wont move there for 3 more years!

since i am a intel fan boy and i have received some really bad personal emails i decided to put my dream location

i am 45 mins south of downtown chit ca go! in the wildness of Indiana - this week is just like nov in Florida!

lol - i guess i lied - well i always own up to my mistakes!

mpjesse

Splendid
Oh ic. well if you do move there, try Sanford.

http://www.ci.sanford.fl.us/

It's 30 min (max) from Orlando and 40 min from Daytona. Right smack in the middle on I-4 and 417 (toll expressway). Home prices are still relatively low and it's a nice community.

miltoxbeyond

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
Could also be either the drive controller died. or one of the SATA plugs has gone dead. Try connecting the sata drive to another sata controller, that worked for me on one of my computers.

The f6 for drivers usually works for RAID situations but he has only one 400 gig hd. But try it anyways. if you got another computer try plugging the drive into another system to ensure the drive isn't the problem.

If you don't, try getting another hd and plugging it in to see if it works.

You basically have to eliminate what is causing the problem.

If the HD works in another computer, the HD is not the culprit.
If not, the HD has probably failed or needs recovering.

If another HD works in it, then something is retarded between your comp and that hd.
If not, the sata controller is probably messed up.

If all of the SATA plugs are not working then you need to replace the motherboard.
If not, congratulations it works on a different SATA plug.

Basically go through the process of elimination.

kshipper

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Check that the SATA settings (found in the BIOS) is not set to RAID mode. I bet that is what is causing the trouble. After that--insure the first boot device is the hard drive.