Can't delete system folder

I have recently renamed my user account name. However, when I look in
document/settings, my other "user name" is still there. I tried deleting it
but it says it's a system folder and it says that it needs it to run
properly.

Any ideas how to fix/delete it?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about delete system folder

    "Matt" <matt@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >I have recently renamed my user account name. However, when I look in
    >document/settings, my other "user name" is still there. I tried deleting it
    >but it says it's a system folder and it says that it needs it to run
    >properly.
    >
    > Any ideas how to fix/delete it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Log on as an Administrator, go to Control Panel\User Accounts. Click the
    account you want to delete and click the "delete account" line.

    Cajunswabbie

    Hi Matt,

    You can change the name on a user account, but you cannot change the name on
    the user's account folder. The workaround is to create a new account with
    the preferred name, then copy the old user data to it.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

    Note that one step not listed in the article is that after creating the
    destination profile you must log into it once first to create the necessary
    file structure before you do the copy procedure. To delete the old user
    profile account folders, you must first disable that account via the Users
    applet in the Control Panel, then logon as administrator to delete the
    folders.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Matt" <matt@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >I have recently renamed my user account name. However, when I look in
    >document/settings, my other "user name" is still there. I tried deleting it
    >but it says it's a system folder and it says that it needs it to run
    >properly.
    >
    > Any ideas how to fix/delete it?
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP