Acer Aspire 9810 will not boot need help.

Twobeers

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I hadn't used this notebook in awhile.
I started the sucker up and went online to get Windows Vista critical updated.
It downloaded 31 updates and proceeded to install them, asking along the way to re-boot.
Somewhere along the way while rebooting a "raid driver update" i downloaded awhile back with "Driver Detective" which was aperantly incombatible with my hardware installed itself.
Now I can't do any sort of Windows Restore from the boot sequence.
It says no restore files exsist.
Acer did send me 3 discs last year which i had never used.
The one labbeled system disc sort of starts.
It loads or creates a ram drive.
The white bar goes about 1/3 of the way across the bottom of the screen.
Then nothing.
As most of you know by now reading a lot of these posts and trying to find info yourself Acers FAQ stuff suck.

G

Hi Twobeers,

Have you fixed this problem? I'm using an Acer Aspire 9810 notebook and I've got a similar problem at the moment. I installed a Vista Critical update and since then I am unable to boot.

The boot sequence eventually gets to the microsoft startup repair feature but it does not find any issues.

I tried to perform a windows restore but it can't find any restore points.

Cheers

Twobeers

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Yes I was able to get it working again. But & I mean a really big BUT, it is not working properly. Also like you the system could not find any restore points. Fortunately I had completely forgotten that I had make a complete system backup to an external hard drive. Using third partty software due to the fact that I couldn't get the Acer back up utillity to work. I have found now I have some duplicate folders. A lot of files I can not access. It keeps telling me access denied ect. I have spent countless hours searching the MS site trying all sorts of things to gain access to my files to no avail. Although I am not a computer genius I am more knowledgable than the average person when it comes to computers. I have since then downloaded and installed an additional 50 or so updates with only one not successfully updating. I am not happy. It still doesn't work properly. I am now mulling over in my mind to simply to format all the drives and install windows XP in this very expensive pretty paper weight. Lastly the system does not reccoqnize the file format of the system restore discs sent to me by Acer.
I am sorry , I know this isn't what you want to hear. Good luck. :cry:

Twobeers

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Here is another thought. Hard drives have really come down in price recently. I am now thinking maybe to replace the C drive with a 500G (WD under $100) drive. And then install windows XP to this machine. I really don't have any files on this Notebook that I can't live with out. You have to admit when you pull this laptop out it really does have a wow factor to it. To bad it doesn't work properly and Acer Faqs have to be one of the worst if not the worst of all the computer manufactures out there. :bounce: On a positive note I bought an Aspire One with windows XP loaded.. It is working well for me on the road.

With this learning experience with Windows Vista I now extremely leary of Windows 7 at this point.

Twobeers

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009

The disc's are buried somewhere in a storage locker. But that doesn't matter as they don't work at all. I put new hard drives in, loaded windows 7.Yes it's got that holy fuck factor to it, but really, as uncle Sye says, "It's a piece of crap.", it worked really well until Microsoft released a critical update with new Nvidia drivers & the wife went ahead & installed it. After all, it was a critical update. Hasn't work since & all the older drivers have somehow totally disappeared from the Nvidia site, including the archived older drivers. I have given up on it. Lesson learned. I will not & have never bought an Acer product since. I build my own computers.

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Tom if you still have the disk i would like to buy them from you acer sent me 3 disk too 5 years ago and worked great but now my one disk is so scratched it wont work.i would send you a money order maybe one of your disk is the one i need .if it does work i would send thrm back to you with mine and the one disk acer sent me to write zeros to the hard drives before installing them.please let me know. Thank you

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Two beers.if you can find the disk i would buy them from you maybe one of your disk is the one i need.acer sent me 3 disk 5 years ago but wont work now because they are scratched but my one disk loads the image just fine its the other one that wont work.if it works i would send them back to you with my disk and the disk acer sent me to wite zeros the hard drives before installing them i would send you a money order. Davidthayer867@yahoo.com

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016

David780a

Reputable
Jan 22, 2016
Two beers.i would like to buy those disk i have the same 3 disk but one of mine is so scratched it will not work.i would send you a money order and if you have the disk i need and it works i will sends yours back along with copies of mine and the disk acer sent me to write zeros to the hard drives. You are the only person i have found that has the 3 disk.my load inage disk works fine its the other ones that i cant get to work.thank you david

TRENDING THREADS