Resolution resets to 800x600

Crazy_Canuck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Hey, I recently had to reformat due to a corrupt sp2 installation :pfff: . I reformatted and all is good now except every time I restart my pc it somehow changes to 800x600 or 1024x768 resolution. Its really starting to become a pain in the ass to always have to change it back to 1680x1050. I've tried changing it from the nvidia control panel and it does the same thing.

If anyone knows wtf is going on please share your wisdom.

running

vista ultimate sp2
evga geforce 9800 gtx+ Driver version: 8.15.11.9038

Thanks for any help

Solution
sounds like something to do with the display driver. Windows display driver and nvidia driver messing around in each other's business maybe?

I'd get a driver cleaner (like driver sweeper from guru3D) to clean out the nvidia driver. Boot into safe mode, uninstall the nvidia drivers, and then sweep them with the driver cleaner. After you reboot (normal mode would be fine at this point) reinstall the drivers and hope it all works.

tehHooligan

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
sounds like something to do with the display driver. Windows display driver and nvidia driver messing around in each other's business maybe?

I'd get a driver cleaner (like driver sweeper from guru3D) to clean out the nvidia driver. Boot into safe mode, uninstall the nvidia drivers, and then sweep them with the driver cleaner. After you reboot (normal mode would be fine at this point) reinstall the drivers and hope it all works.

Solution