Ok all you old-timers, time to held the noob again

Sometimes, in spectator, I'll be following along, watching how the
really good players move around a map, and they will be making snap 90
degree turns. Not like a mouse movement, but like they threw a
switch. The movement is instantaneous.

How do you do that?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sivad <Rayzer59@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8md4e097mm1o3mbei2psob9qn6ct56m8hj@4ax.com>...
> Sometimes, in spectator, I'll be following along, watching how the
> really good players move around a map, and they will be making snap 90
> degree turns. Not like a mouse movement, but like they threw a
> switch. The movement is instantaneous.
>
> How do you do that?

Make a demo and post it please. Otherwise, it's hard to know exactly what you saw.

strafe
"Sivad" <Rayzer59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Sometimes, in spectator, I'll be following along, watching how the
> really good players move around a map, and they will be making snap 90
> degree turns. Not like a mouse movement, but like they threw a
> switch. The movement is instantaneous.
>
> How do you do that?

mack

He said turn not side step!
Maybe they are not good players you are watching?
Are they just making these turns or are they snapping then hitting a great
rail shot?
Put a demo up of what ya have seen.

On 30 Jun 2004 09:11:54 -0700, enave@m-net.arbornet.org (eric) wrote:

>Sivad <Rayzer59@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8md4e097mm1o3mbei2psob9qn6ct56m8hj@4ax.com>...
>> Sometimes, in spectator, I'll be following along, watching how the
>> really good players move around a map, and they will be making snap 90
>> degree turns. Not like a mouse movement, but like they threw a
>> switch. The movement is instantaneous.
>>
>> How do you do that?
>
>Make a demo and post it please. Otherwise, it's hard to know exactly what you saw.
Well, duh, I've never recorded a "demo", and never thought about that.
Thanks.

I'll go read up on the console commands and print them out so they'll
be handy, and when I get what I'm after, I'll post it at the
alt.q3.binaries and put a message here so ya'll can dissect what I am
seeing and explain it to me.

Thanks again.