JohnHensonInc

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Vista Home Edition. My CD/DVD drive has disappeared, and an outboard Sony USB DVD drive
is not visible.

Under CVD/CD-ROM drives, I have:

OP5311Q ARG510S SCSI CdRom Device
Optiarc DVD RW AD-7540A USB Device
TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SD-L622A ATA Device

They all have exclamation points (!) on their icons and give the
following error messages in information:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft
and to see if there is a solution available.

I have examined the registry entries for

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and the only one with CD ROM entries does not have an UpperFilter or LowerFilter. (The 'Properties'
subdirectory does not allow me access. Why is that, since I'm an administrator????)

matias70

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009
windows canot start this ward ware device becouse its configuration information
in the registry is imcomplete or damaged code19
clik for solution to send data about this device to microsoft and to see if ther is solotion available im try to may things but steel the same and no body giveme the writh wansuer

matias, read your thread again, I've posted a reply. It was a stretch too, since you didn't provide a lot of info in your first post. Would also help your case to wait a little longer than 6 hours for a response.

In any case...

John, error code 19 in the device manager indicates that the registry information for that device is missing or incomplete. If you right click on the dvd drive, Uninstall the device and reboot the computer. Once you log back in, Windows will re-detect the device and should replace the aforementioned missing registry info. Post back if it doesn't, and I will try to assist further.