cpcpcp1

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
I have an acer aspire e380. After downloading windows vista home premium updates it blocked and now repeatedly tries to reboot - it never gets past the ACER logo page - th elast text I see before the NO SIGNAL message is: verifying DMI pool data - and then it tries to reboot - continuously. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks for your attention.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Yay Vista! Gotta love how Vista continually amazes me with all the file corruptions it causes. Anyway, it sounds like you have a corrupt boot sector, probably caused by the recent update. If you have access to another computer, try visiting www.freewarehome.com then go to System Utilities < Disks, HDD and storage < Boot disks.

If you know what you're doing, or feel confident in your abilities, download one of those programs and load it onto a USB drive. Then use the USB drive on your computer w/ the boot issue and attempt to rebuild the boot sector of the drive. I've done this a few times, and it can work wonders. It can also cause you to make the drive unbootable. So please, if you don't feel comfortable rebuilding the boot sector, don't mess with it.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
NO NEED FOR THE DOWNLOAD. Use the vista DVD you used to install vista onto your laptop, boot using the DVD and repair your windows install it can take a few time to fix properly, Or you can restore your system to an earlier time using this system.