I have dsl, modem is a Netopia. I have windows XP home. There is not a
network. I have one computer with all the latest updates. I have ran spybot,
adware and registry first-aid. I have zone alarm firewall, Norton
Systemworks for viruses. The problem is if I don't use my computer for
awhile I can't connect to the Internet anymore. I have to turn off modem and
reboot in order to connect. Modem is connect by USB. I've had windows XP for
about 3 years and have not had to reboot for anything that wasn't my fault.
I borrowed a friends modem and the same things happen and friend has no
problems with mine. If anybody has any ideas I would sure appreciate it.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I have SP2. I have found what is happening just don't know what to do about
it. The local area connection is gone when I go to control panel, network
connection. I rebooted still wasn't there. The connection is through USB. I
turned off modem and then back on and it showed up. What would cause that.
Thanks for all your help.

"Treeman" <Treeman.1q0l96@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

> XP Home; SP1 or SP2?
> Treeman
>

> --
> Treeman

> Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

Ummm, A couple of things you can try from Microsoft;
'Troubleshoot network connectivity problems'
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/325487/)
Ramesh's Web Site;
'Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings'
(http://windowsxp.mvps.org/winsock.htm)
You'll have to try different things since the problem is intermittant,
and doesn't produce a hard error code for us to use.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman