A warning about the Hisense tuner and non hdtv ready analo..

Last response: in Home Theatre
January 23, 2005 12:26:40 PM

Hi,
A mistake that happened to me and hope it will not happen to you.
Don't try to change to the higher setting beyond hte 480i and 480p
on the hisense stb. Every thing is predicated to the onscreen menu, if
you change to the higher setting beyond the 480, your regular analog
non hdtv ready tv will show blank screen and no way to get back to
change it. The other thing on the hisense is the dolby digital is only
for audio receivers that have bitstream input, not pcm. On the plus, it
does provide a great picture. the people at my walmart store were very
understanding. But I will not get another one. Like I said, I made a
very dumb mistake. I was trying to pickup dolby digital and changed to
the higher setting....
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:54:41 PM

"JJohnson318" <JJohnson318@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> A mistake that happened to me and hope it will not happen to you.
> Don't try to change to the higher setting beyond hte 480i and 480p
> on the hisense stb. Every thing is predicated to the onscreen menu, if
> you change to the higher setting beyond the 480, your regular analog
> non hdtv ready tv will show blank screen and no way to get back to
> change it. The other thing on the hisense is the dolby digital is only
> for audio receivers that have bitstream input, not pcm. On the plus, it
> does provide a great picture. the people at my walmart store were very
> understanding. But I will not get another one. Like I said, I made a
> very dumb mistake. I was trying to pickup dolby digital and changed to
> the higher setting....

Read the manuel there is a way to get it back to the defaults so you have
access to the setup menu. It's a pain and you have to unplug the set and do
a key sequence of three keys on the remote.
November 22, 2009 2:53:26 AM

I did this as well... is there any idea what the key sequence is to reset the tv? DESPERATELY need to know, Thanks is advance!!!

Quote:

"JJohnson318" <JJohnson318@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> A mistake that happened to me and hope it will not happen to you.
> Don't try to change to the higher setting beyond hte 480i and 480p
> on the hisense stb. Every thing is predicated to the onscreen menu, if
> you change to the higher setting beyond the 480, your regular analog
> non hdtv ready tv will show blank screen and no way to get back to
> change it. The other thing on the hisense is the dolby digital is only
> for audio receivers that have bitstream input, not pcm. On the plus, it
> does provide a great picture. the people at my walmart store were very
> understanding. But I will not get another one. Like I said, I made a
> very dumb mistake. I was trying to pickup dolby digital and changed to
> the higher setting....

Read the manuel there is a way to get it back to the defaults so you have
access to the setup menu. It's a pain and you have to unplug the set and do
a key sequence of three keys on the remote.

March 10, 2010 12:37:11 AM

u need component cables (the red, green, blue combo) as they can only read 780 and 1080. ur current cable can only read up to 480.
!