Sign in with
Your question

Windows Live Sign In Error. Solved!

Last response: in Windows XP
June 7, 2009 12:44:12 PM

Hi after some serious troubleshooting and fiddling around I managed to find a simple solution to why the latest windows live messenger displays the error message which states that ''Windows live communications platform encountered an error and needs to close''..If u do a google search They claim that it is responsible for synchronizing contacts....But what really causes the problem is that when u have any customized themes for xp that was pre-installed into your OS installation the sign in error occurs..if u switch too classic theme and try singing in it would go in without any hiccups.This problem is mostly common with black xp installations which usually install with customized themes at default...Instead of uninstallaing and removing all traces of registry entries and running spyware scans all you need to do is very simple...go into your personal firewall setup and configure it to manual.SO it wud notify u of any app that needs to access the internet...or u can go into your firewall rules for all apps and look for windows live communication platform and block inbound and outbound access for it.For instance if u use eset smart security u can just set it to interactive filtering mode and try signing into messenger again..Then u would see the windows live communications platform app asking for access to the internet all u simply do is tick the remember action box and block it...Yes once u do that windows live would sign in smoothly....I don't think it's needed cause I have tested almost all the commonly used features of windows live and they all work...So if u would like to keep your customized theme u may have to configure yur firewall..Or u can just reset your windows theme 2 deafault..If configuring your firewall might be to difficult for u then u might want to download the full installation here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/B/7/EB7AAFE7-5...

which some have said it might work but i have not tested it...If u don't understand how to configure your firewall u can PM me and i might be able to help...But this is the simplest solution i have tried that helped me to use windows live messenger..Hope it works for u.

September 2, 2009 3:12:52 AM

Thanks for that post newcomer. I am trying that now. I'll post back if it works or not. I have multiple profiles on ny network on different pc's & only 1 is having this problem & I was out of ideas.
!