Who, if anyone, still makes/sells 32 bit operating system

cherylm

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
For my job I have to have a computer that still uses 32 bit operating system. I am not having any luck finding any...does anyone have any suggestions as to what company still makes them or where I can get one from. Thanks

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Dell does and I'm sure most other manufacturers do too. If you notice on the left you can select "Windows 7 eligible", "Vista 64bit" or "Vista". If you filter by "Vista" you will get a 32 bit machine.

You could also just buy a computer and purchase 32bit separately if you need to.

cherylm

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

Thanks for the info...appreciate it. I don't know much of the technical stuff about computers. If I purchased a 32 bit separately...that would have to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing right??

I will check out Dell. Best Buy still has the 32 bit emachine but I purchased two in the last year and both have had to go in for service already issues with hard drive...getting ready to take one back in for service also..hoping the back up computer is still working!!

Thanks again for the info.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I would order direct from someone like Dell. Then you can specify.

I would guess that for a fee you could get BB to install it on any PC you buy from them. Even if it is 64bit, just tell them you want 32bit on it.

Just out of curiosity, why must it be 32bit?