Belkin F5D7230-4 v2000 router stalls when browsing Google Maps

ysap

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Hi,

I have a Belkin F5D7230-4 Version 2000 router for about 2.5 years, connected to a Motorola Cable Modem with Comcast service. During the last few months, when I browse Google maps, the router stops transferring http: traffic. Other traffic, like Skype connection continues working fine.

So, what happens is that I surf the web, enter Google maps, change to Satellite view and bang! no more browsing in the maps tab and all other tabs. The router is not completely stalled, cause I can continue talking in Skype on the same time.

In order to resume browsing, I need to restart my router (either through its GUI or the reset button). Then, I can continue the Google maps session with no problems.

It is like some "web buffer" is getting overflowed or messed up somehow when a large amount of data hits it (the sat images, in this case). However, this behavior is typical to Google maps only. Other hi-bandwidth apps do not cause this to happen.

Is anyone familiar with that? Any remedy (no firmware updates are available from Belkin)?

Thanks.

G

Me too! Absolutely the same problem. It occures everytime when switching from satellite view back to maps..

I did not find any solution (no FW updated available for that version), but I have created a shortcut to restart the router online... thats no good solutions but works somehow...

TRENDING THREADS