Can't find powerpoint on installation disks

I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the computer
it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on my
computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

In news:C619B3F7-B207-474A-98E0-6A42BC9EA607@microsoft.com,
churchlady <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks)
> on the
> computer it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere,
> but
> it's not on my computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why
> that is?

You're mixing up two different things. XP Home is the name of
your operating system. It's Windows XP, Home Edition.

XP Small Business is the name of the version of Microsoft Office
you have. It's Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition. (By
the way, Office XP is the previous version; the current one is
called Offic 2003.)

Despite the "XP" in both these names, they have nothing to do
with each other. "XP" is just a marketing word, and doesn't
really mean anything. These are separate products.

PowerPoint comes with some versions of Microsoft Office, but not
with Small Business edition. That's why you don't have it.

Please reply to the newsgroup

If you only want to view PowerPoint slides, you can download a free
viewer from Microsoft.com.

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
>computer
> it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on
> my
> computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

Hi

Why do you think Powerpoint should be included with the disks? It has to be
pur

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
>computer
> it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on my
> computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

Ooooops - to continue:

PowerPoint is part of an Office Suite:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/powerpoint/prodinfo/default.mspx

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
>computer
> it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on my
> computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

Well, it seems like it should be there, since it's listed in the readme.htm
file, and the service packs seem to update it. So it does not come with
Office XP home or small business?
Robin

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Ooooops - to continue:
>
> PowerPoint is part of an Office Suite:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/powerpoint/prodinfo/default.mspx
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
> >computer
> > it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on my
> > computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

Hi

PowerPoint does not come any of the Windows Operating Systems and has to be
purchase separately. The link I posted earlier will help you.

--

> Well, it seems like it should be there, since it's listed in the
> readme.htm
> file, and the service packs seem to update it. So it does not come with
> Office XP home or small business?
> Robin
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Ooooops - to continue:
>>
>> PowerPoint is part of an Office Suite:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/powerpoint/prodinfo/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
>> >computer
>> > it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on
>> > my
>> > computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

What is "XP Small Business"

Do you mean "Microsoft Office - Small Business Edition" ?

You need to purchase MS Office - it is not provided with Windows.

"churchlady" <churchlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP Small Business (at least it says that on the disks) on the
>computer
> it says XP Home. It should have powerpoint somehwere, but it's not on my
> computer or on my disks. Does anyone know why that is?

OFFICE XP Small Business Edition DOES NOT include
PowerPoint. The exact modules included have varied over the
different releases. Access (database) is included in
Professional versions, SBE is stripped down from Standard.

You get what you pay for, as always.

some support

"Andrew Murray" <SPAMadmurray@BUSTER.iinet.net.au> wrote in
message news:uJG$quLaFHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...