Fudzilla confirms Barcy w/ pics... it's only a 1.61 GHz

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Again - Fudzilla = garbage site - I'd be leary of anything posted there...

Spreading gossip is one thing, forging pictures is another.

Do you think they would forge screenshots? I'm not defending them, but I doubt they would.

nruo

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
Do you think they would forge screenshots? I'm not defending them, but I doubt they would.
they already did. a while ago the published screen shots of benchmark - it turned to be photosop work

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
The fake Agena 1.9 to 3.1 OC was photoshopped and removed from Fudzilla's website once the person who submitted it stated he created a fake screenshot.

zarooch

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
does the K10 (whateva) has cool n quiet feature? just like Intel's SpeedStep etc. Maybe because it is idle that's why its at 1.61GHz .. just a thought.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
...maybe it's that,...however, K10 has split power planes and while idling, some cores can be even turned off,... :roll:

sparky79

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
Doesnt system properties only show what the cpu is running at when its first started and not change as the computer runs? On mine even running at only 2ghz still shows 3ghz in system properties.

albundy2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
lame :roll: next upgrade is intel for me, i'm done... couldn't even demo during computex, not even ready according to anandtech:
Speaking of AMD, we were originally hoping as many others that Computex 2007 would have been the launch event for Barcelona and Agena. Unfortunately, this will not occur and the best we can hope for at this time is a Barcelona release in the latter part of Q3 at best and Agena following up in late Q4 or possibly sliding to Q1 2008 based on recently received information. The motherboards and chipsets to support this new processor family are starting to take shape but they are far from optimized at this point with early production level silicon just now being made available for the various suppliers who will offer products at launch. Our first look at the RD790 chipset from AMD that supports the new AM2+ socket, HyperTransport 3.0, and DDR2-1066 was interesting to say the least but it is too early to tell what the true performance potential of this technology is until we are able to test it with final silicon
amd=fail ... damn cant beleive i just said that... :roll:

edit 1 star is lame too :roll:

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
Again - Fudzilla = garbage site - I'd be leary of anything posted there...

Spreading gossip is one thing, forging pictures is another.

Well, in their defence, they don't DO the forgery themselves, it's done for them already. :roll:

The only crime they are guilty of is getting duped by these fake 'screenshots', and being stupid enough to publish them. :lol:

Ahhh Fudz, it's quite a feat having a worse rep than TheINQ but he pulled it off! :wink:

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
has anyone noticed that the AMD model is not recognized, I've never seen windows not notice what a possessor was. Even if the pictures are real, how do we know that the possessor speed is being clocked right. BTW with little to no use the C2D on a system set up with stepping will show up much lower in the my computer properties, so.....

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
8O are u talking out of your ass or something?!?!?
windows only reads what the processor wants windows to read.

The old days all you get is GenericIntel Family 5/6 or AuthenticAMD

The processor there is a very first stepping chip and of course AMD is not that bothered about the Processor name and model, they are more concerned about getting the processor to work as they wanted!

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Then you would think that they would have it so that it returns some type of identification for the AMD people to know what processor it is without having to pull the processor out.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
AMD made the damn processors, they know what's inside which, its not yet your turn to worry about those things :lol: :lol:

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
not if they keep switching them around for testing, plus you add into that, that they hand out samples to different reviewers and companies, which is probably were the screen shoots came from; they have to have some way of identifying without pulling one out of the machine. :p

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
no offense dude, but a half dead donkey have more brain than u...

there is more than 1 way of identifying CPU speed and model without taking the CPU out, and if you don't know them, you shouldn't really bother carry on the arguement.

Also the system builders from AMD's partners or reviewers KNOWNS what goes into their machine when they are demonstrating their products just AMD does, if they don't even know what processor they have in their machines like the sales people in PC world they should really be sacked

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
no offense dude, but a half dead donkey have more brain than u...

That's what i've been thinking of you, so....

there is more than 1 way of identifying CPU speed and model without taking the CPU out, and if you don't know them, you shouldn't really bother carry on the arguement.

Right like with the bios of the mobo, which is were windows gets it's information.

Also the system builders from AMD's partners or reviewers KNOWNS what goes into their machine when they are demonstrating their products just AMD does, if they don't even know what processor they have in their machines like the sales people in PC world they should really be sacked

You've obviously never worked tech support, so you wouldn't know how mixed up things can get.

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
just happen to own my own IT firm right here in Ireland from Hardware to Accounting and Manufacturing software

how old are u again?

pete4r

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
is that even a question? just showed how "intelligent" u r.

im sure there are numbers of people running their own business in all different sectors, do they all have to be as be as AMD to speak and be proud of themselves?

no we are no where near the size and scale of AMD if this makes you happy, why? do u have ur own firm the size of AMD? or bigger? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I dont think you even have a primary school grade :lol: :lol: :lol: