Mouse 'unplugs' itself randomly

I am getting a strange problem in Windows 7 where my mouse stops working randomly from time-to-time. I hear the 'device unpluged' sound (the dee-doop the the computer makes then you remove a USB device) and the mouse stops working for about 3-5 seconds. It is very irritating. I have tried Binging the problem but have found no fix on Bing or Google. I have also tried several mice including a MS Sidewinder, Dell optical mouse, NZXT Avatar and MS wireless mouse in different USB ports on the PC and they all seem to work fine. Is this the resault of some sort of Virus or is a Microsoft bug.

Windows 7 Home Permium 64 Bit.

Regards,
-Forte
6 answers Last reply
More about mouse unplugs randomly
  1. So, all those other mice worked fine? I think you diagnosed the problem right there.
  2. aford10 said:
    So, all those other mice worked fine? I think you diagnosed the problem right there.

Let me elaborate...

The USB Ports worked fine, all of the mice were still encountering the problem

sorry, I need to english better
  3. What kind of computer is it? You may have a short in the USB port, or the wire.

If it's a PC, and you have front panel USB ports, try using them instead.
  4. It was a firmware problem. I have managed to fix it by disabling the 'enhance pointer percision' in Microsoft Mouse. Thanks for the help tho...
  5. A motherboard firmware problem? That seems like a real odd symptom/fix.

Good to hear it's working for you though.
  6. I have got the same problem again, somebody please help, I tried this solution before: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/15845-63-windows-mouse-stopped-working

...and it worked but not anymore, I'm using Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit version, the Mouse is a generic USB mouse, other USB devices are working fine. Please help. Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 7 Mice Apps