Connected Wirelessly but Blocked

4400_Overclocker

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
I have a wireless network card on my motherboard. It is connected to the router in my house with decent signal strength and speed. Whenever I try to get on Internet Explorer, it minimizes and says Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage. I also can't get on any other applications that require internet access. I have an AT&T Fiber Optic Uverse plan and it shows that I am connected to the network. I just can't get online.

G

Open a Command Prompt and type "ipconfig/all". Post the output here.

Grumpy

lilsage

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2008
Try setting up the network on your computer... no need to hit the big stuff untill have the small stuff done. Sounds like it is not connecting because it is not set up properly on the computer.

A simple option... re-set the router. Connect that way... if it works then you know it is not your computer. Then spend time re-setting up the router so that it keeps your computer working.

If it doesn't work with the router set to defualt specs, then you know it is the hardware on the computer that's the trouble. If that happens, then come back and tell us what you do get... see the network, connect to the network, etc.

But... firewall is also a very likely possibility... that's easier... so make sure do that first.