Hide Inactive Icons setting not working

I was recently tweaking settings on my video card (mild overclocking)
and benchmarking my system using 3DMark03 and I noticed after I was
finished and had reverted all my settings to their previous values that
the icons in my notification area were no longer auto-hiding.

I had used task manager to manually kill all the processes that were
started by me as a user to try to free as much resources as possible.
I did not notice if the problem started after doing that, during
benchmarking, or after I was finished.

I checked the properties of the taskbar and the Hide Inactive Icons
setting is checked. I've attempted several variants of the old "change
settings, reboot" strategy, and I've managed to get all the icons that
should be there back, but all icons still show, even the ones I rarely
use.

On a casual search of the internet I found the kellys-corner-xp.com
site and it has a downloadable vb script to restore your start/taskbar
settings to defaults, but I'd rather use that as a last resort.

I looked but could not find a search feature for these forums so I
don't know if anyone else has had this problem before, so if anyone has
any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Honestly this is such a minor problem I don't know why it bugs me so
much, but it does.)

- Strahn -

--
Strahn
Strahn's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1861

All right, so I went to lunch and when I came back it was working again.
I guess maybe by manually shutting down a lot of the programs that
would have been in the notification area it flagged them all as being
"used" recently and thus was showing them all. At least, that's my
supposition. Anyways, problem solved.

- Strahn -

--
Strahn