Sign in with
Your question

Any way to get rid of bad sectors ?

Last response: in Storage
June 6, 2007 8:57:53 AM

Is there any way I can get rid of bad sectors in my hard disk. Its a segate HDD. Suggestions welcome.

Vinod

More about : rid bad sectors

June 6, 2007 9:19:39 AM

Try hdd regenerator .The program creates a bootable disk and you have to let it do the job at least a day if you a have a large drive .It recovers the bad sectors if they are not very badly dammeged
June 6, 2007 9:42:49 AM

download and run seatools, see if you really have an issue.

Bad sectors need to be written out of the drive's sector table. Most newer drives reserve sectors and table space for that purpose...
Related resources
a b G Storage
June 6, 2007 10:10:45 AM

Yes!

Throw it away and get a new drive. Problem solved ^.^
June 6, 2007 11:15:37 AM

If it is under warranty, get it replaced. If it is reporting bad sectors it is a potentiol paper weight, backup your data and replace.

Mike.
June 6, 2007 11:26:57 AM

Quote:
Is there any way I can get rid of bad sectors in my hard disk. Its a segate HDD. Suggestions welcome.

Vinod

SpinRite 6.0 by Steve Gibson has been keeping my drives running for years and it has even fixed corrupted drives (run it on lvl #5 and it will often make bad sectors good also).

One drive was even corrupted two times in the same year durring power blackouts!

Works for all/any OS or file formats...people have even used it on iPod drives.

http://www.grc.com
June 6, 2007 12:16:11 PM

thanks everyone....i ll try some of those...
a b G Storage
June 7, 2007 3:18:40 AM

I've heard good things about spinrite and have considered it myself. If you get anything that's probably the one I'd try.
!