Sign in with
Your question

DGL 4300 movie buffering problems

Last response: in Wireless Networking
February 28, 2008 5:32:02 PM

Hi
I just bought DGL 4300 wireless router becouse i play alot online. But as soon as i connected problems accoured. I am wireless connected to another router using WDS. Ping between routers is good around 1 ms and transfer rate is 5Mbps. I have external antena JAGI. Problems begin when trying to send some package by MSN. It starts normaly 5 Mbps and after couple of seconds totaly freezes, same with google talk. Problems are present when visiting youtube, liveleak...Some movies start to loading normaly and after few seconds stops like file transfer in MSN i talked before. But some movies are loaded completely normaly. Game fuel is turned off and nonthing(that i knew about) what would limit transfer is turned on in router. Router i am conected to is older SMC, which works just fine with my cheap Canyon. DGL 4300 is more expensive and more popular as Canyon i have. I just dont think it is DGL that is so crappy.
Please help with some suggestion.

Kind regards,
Matej
February 29, 2008 6:56:05 PM

Yeah sorry to tell you this but WDS was never standardized so it doesn't even always work among the same brand with different routers. 5 mbps is kind of low though. I would suggest the usual trying different channels as well if different encryption even though your only option is probably WEP (can be broken in 3 seconds) unless WDS has improved any. I prefer to use either airport expresses or routers hacked with DD-WRT for WDS links with WPA encyption. Might also be some sort of firewall on this router but doesn't sound like it.

I would also trying making the DGL 4300 the router connected straight to the internet and use the canyon as the WDS lin. If my previous suggestion doesn't work then I would look for a cheap WDS d-link router that you know with work with your gaming router.
February 18, 2009 6:25:13 AM

hi friends,i need some suggestion about movie buffering.I live in a third world country when i am using 100kbs/s.I have to place 4 movies two minutes each to be viewed on a website.The problem is that i want my 1st movie to start buffering as soon as the website is loaded,and automatically the second one starts buffering and so on even that no one is viewing the movies.
so that it dont buffer each 3 seconds and then play....
i want them as soon as you click on a movie it plays without stopping
hope you understand my problem
plz help me .thnks
!