admin rights

sounds stupid but how do I log in as a administrator in xppro when I'm the
only user. It gives me a choice in safe mode but not in normal mode
5 answers Last reply
More about admin rights

    If you are the only user, you are an administrator.

    If you are unsure of this, check it out by going to control panel>user
    accounts, click on your account and see what account type you have. The
    administrator you see in safe mode is the built in ( default)Admin account..

    "cigar smoker1" <cigar smoker1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sounds stupid but how do I log in as a administrator in xppro when I'm the
    > only user. It gives me a choice in safe mode but not in normal mode

    Hi,

    By design, a WinXP Home system only has the administrator account available
    in Safe mode.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:38:01 -0700, cigar smoker1 wrote:

    > sounds stupid but how do I log in as a administrator in xppro when I'm the
    > only user. It gives me a choice in safe mode but not in normal mode

    At the welcome screen press CTL-ALT-DEL twice to bring up an alternate
    logon screen where you can enter the administrator ID and password.
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    as the "only user" you automatically have admin rights.

    "cigar smoker1" <cigar smoker1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sounds stupid but how do I log in as a administrator in xppro when I'm the
    > only user. It gives me a choice in safe mode but not in normal mode

    you are the administrator - XP sets up an admin account when you first
    install XP.

    "cigar smoker1" <cigar smoker1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sounds stupid but how do I log in as a administrator in xppro when I'm the
    > only user. It gives me a choice in safe mode but not in normal mode

Safe Mode Login Microsoft Windows XP