Forsa 9500GT Compatibility

Rustee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
I have a Forsa (nVidia)9500GT 1 gig ddr2 128 bit Video card - PCI-E with PCI-E 2.0 support. I am running an AMD Athlon 5000+ dual core 64x2 on a Biostar MCP6P M2+ ver. 6.1 Motherboard.

When I install the video card, it Blue Screens right after booting through the XP boot Logo. The error is Memory_Management and I need help undrstanding that error. Using a lesser video card works OK, but it needs a higher card to run the games my friend wants to play.

The info on the sticker on the card itself is - GF 9500GT PCI-E 1 GIG 128B DDR2 HD/TV/DVI NH-95GT102C23-AG

Will this Video card work with this Motherboard or is something not compatible??

I would really appreciate any help I can get!

Thank You ...

Rustee

Rustee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Hi pat ... thanks for the reply!

The other card was an Asus PCI-E card ... not sure of the number. I have ascertained that the new card was either incompatible or bad. It BSOD after post and right after the XP boot logo. It never got to use any drivers, as it only went that far every time. Putting the old one back in booted totally and was no problem. The BSOD error was Memory_Management, which as far as I could find out, was possibly bad RAM on the computer OR the card.

Both cards were stand alone and the integrated was turned off in the BIOS.

I have sent it back now, but I very much appreciate your reply.