Sign in with
Your question

Volume icon keeps disappearing from task bar

Last response: in Windows XP
June 19, 2009 1:45:13 PM

How do I keep the volume icon on the taslbar after restart?
July 6, 2009 2:17:07 AM

Hello, Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices click it, and you should see an option which says, Place volume icon in taskbar put a tick in that box and click ok.

Now, right click the taskbar and click properties and if you have Hide Inactive icons ticked, then click Customize youll see a list of taskbar icons located the volume icon and go over to Behavior and click "Always Show"

That should work, i went through that with Xp so i dont no what OS your using
January 18, 2010 3:33:35 AM

themysterymask said:
Hello, Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices click it, and you should see an option which says, Place volume icon in taskbar put a tick in that box and click ok.

Now, right click the taskbar and click properties and if you have Hide Inactive icons ticked, then click Customize youll see a list of taskbar icons located the volume icon and go over to Behavior and click "Always Show"

Thanks! Worked perfectly!!!!
Related resources
June 13, 2012 1:34:12 PM

themysterymask said:

Thank you for the information on this site. I am always looking for the volume when I am watching a video. Hopefully your information will solve this.I am not to computer littered so I do not know what to do with all the smiles. Lots of smiles here. Also spellcheck is great for me
Again thank you
June 21, 2014 1:10:09 AM

Nope, none is going to work. Not even the explorer.exe retrieve from the taskbar. It will go away, again. Here is the real fix.

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2008072...

Here is how it works: Control Panel> Add and Remove Windows Components (on the Left Pane)>Networking Devices>uncheck UPnp (Plug and Play). Voila! Sorted!
!