Volume icon keeps disappearing from task bar

How do I keep the volume icon on the taslbar after restart?
5 answers Last reply
More about volume icon disappearing task
  1. Hello, Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices click it, and you should see an option which says, Place volume icon in taskbar put a tick in that box and click ok.

Now, right click the taskbar and click properties and if you have Hide Inactive icons ticked, then click Customize youll see a list of taskbar icons located the volume icon and go over to Behavior and click "Always Show"

That should work, i went through that with Xp so i dont no what OS your using
  2. themysterymask said:
    Hello, Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices click it, and you should see an option which says, Place volume icon in taskbar put a tick in that box and click ok.

Now, right click the taskbar and click properties and if you have Hide Inactive icons ticked, then click Customize youll see a list of taskbar icons located the volume icon and go over to Behavior and click "Always Show"

Thanks! Worked perfectly!!!!
  3. themysterymask said:
    Hello, Go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices click it, and you should see an option which says, Place volume icon in taskbar put a tick in that box and click ok.

Thank you for the information on this site. I am always looking for the volume when I am watching a video. Hopefully your information will solve this.I am not to computer littered so I do not know what to do with all the smiles. Lots of smiles here. Also spellcheck is great for me
    Again thank you
  4. Nope, none is going to work. Not even the explorer.exe retrieve from the taskbar. It will go away, again. Here is the real fix.

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080722041314AAzoz31

Here is how it works: Control Panel> Add and Remove Windows Components (on the Left Pane)>Networking Devices>uncheck UPnp (Plug and Play). Voila! Sorted!
  5. YES!!
    i had the same issue: volume icon disappearing from taskbar at random although "place volume icon in the taskbar" remained checked, even registry entry remained "on". winxp sp2 and sp3.

For a More Detailed Solution, go here:

http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-xp/fix-for-system-tray-icon-missing-in-windows-xp/
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP