Start-up messages

On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages about
the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the screen that
has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to remove the list
of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings. Perhaps it is done
by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into the BIOS.... or maybe in
a file. Can someone offer suggestions where the display is enabled/disabled
?
--
IceWaterFats
--

Hi,

One of the lines will be: "Press <key> to enter setup", where <key> might be
any of those you list. In setup (this is the system BIOS), look for a line
about boot time diagnostics or similar, probably in the boot section. It is
likely enabled and you need to disable it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"IceWaterFats" <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages
> about
> the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the screen
> that
> has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to remove the
> list
> of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings. Perhaps it is
> done
> by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into the BIOS.... or maybe
> in
> a file. Can someone offer suggestions where the display is
> enabled/disabled
> ?
> --
> IceWaterFats
> --
> We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

It is in the BIOS.
It has nothing to do with the Operating System or any files.
Press DEL or F1 or F2 or F10 as the machine is booting.
You mention F11 and F12 perhaps one of them.

If you post you machine type we could tell you exactly.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"IceWaterFats" <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages
about
> the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the screen
that
> has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to remove the
list
> of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings. Perhaps it is
done
> by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into the BIOS.... or maybe
in
> a file. Can someone offer suggestions where the display is
enabled/disabled
> ?
> --
> IceWaterFats
> --
> We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

PC is by IBM, Modle/Type: 2292-21U
(I tryed F1, F2, F10, F11, F12 and none access BIOS.)
Regards, IceWaterFats
--

"Mark Dormer" wrote:

> It is in the BIOS.
> It has nothing to do with the Operating System or any files.
> Press DEL or F1 or F2 or F10 as the machine is booting.
> You mention F11 and F12 perhaps one of them.
>
> If you post you machine type we could tell you exactly.
>
> Regards
> Mark Dormer
>
> "IceWaterFats" <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> > On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages
> about
> > the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the screen
> that
> > has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to remove the
> list
> > of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings. Perhaps it is
> done
> > by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into the BIOS.... or maybe
> in
> > a file. Can someone offer suggestions where the display is
> enabled/disabled
> > ?
> > --
> > IceWaterFats
> > --
> > We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

Computer Vendor Keyboard Commands
IBM® F1
IBM E-pro Laptop F2
IBM PS/2® CTRL+ALT+INS after CTRL+ALT+DEL

Accessing Motherboard BIOS
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4B243579-A230-4840-9097-04F48177B8F5@microsoft.com,
IceWaterFats <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> hunted and pecked:
> PC is by IBM, Modle/Type: 2292-21U
> (I tryed F1, F2, F10, F11, F12 and none access BIOS.)
> Regards, IceWaterFats
> --
> We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.
>

> "Mark Dormer" wrote:
>
>> It is in the BIOS.
>> It has nothing to do with the Operating System or any files.
>> Press DEL or F1 or F2 or F10 as the machine is booting.
>> You mention F11 and F12 perhaps one of them.
>>
>> If you post you machine type we could tell you exactly.
>>
>> Regards
>> Mark Dormer
>>
>> "IceWaterFats" <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages
>>> about the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the
>>> screen that has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to
>>> remove the list of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings.
>>> Perhaps it is done by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into
>>> the BIOS.... or maybe in a file. Can someone offer suggestions where
>>> the display is enabled/disabled ?
>>> --
>>> IceWaterFats
>>> --
>>> We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

Go to the BIOS and change the option "Show Splash Screen" or similar;
instead of the BIOS info it will show a logo screen of your PC manufacture -
e.g. if IBM it will show an IBM logo or if DELL, GATEWAY, HP etc it will
show their equivalent logos.

It should still have the "Press F1 for Help, Fll for startup options, DEL to
Enter BIOS. (or whatever they might be).

"IceWaterFats" <hervinREMOVE@nc.rr.com> wrote in message
> On WinXP Home (SP1) the start-up process was altered to show a messages
> about
> the bios and the steps during Start-up... this display is on the screen
> that
> has options for F1(Start-Up), F11 and F12. I would like to remove the
> list
> of messages...Start-Up (F1) does not have the settings. Perhaps it is
> done
> by accessing BIOS but I don't recall how to get into the BIOS.... or maybe
> in
> a file. Can someone offer suggestions where the display is
> enabled/disabled
> ?
> --
> IceWaterFats
> --
> We drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol.

how about DEL (delete key?).