Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Enthusiast Wireless Router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
March 4, 2008 2:32:06 AM

For the last week I have searched the net trying to find the best router for my gaming needs. I currently have a Belkin Pre-N Wireless router that doesn't work for what I need. I would like my new router to be under the $120 price range (the cheaper the better) work well with the Wii, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, and Steam (Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, etc.) online services. I have been to many sites and even to the officially supported sites of these systems in order to try to cross reference routers to find the best one, but have failed to find one that will work with all of them. I have already searched through the forums here and although there are questions about gaming routers, I have not found one on this specific topic. Hopefully I'm not the only gamer that this thread will help as there are others out there with a couple of systems. I would really appreciate any help or advice on this matter.

March 12, 2008 4:56:09 AM

why doesnt your belkin pre-n router work for what you need?

in general the networking products nintendo/microsoft/any corporation with a product that uses internet will suggest the product of the company that has paid them to.

I dont see why your belkin pre-n wireless router doesnt work for what you need, and i cant really suggest anything when i dont even know why what you have doesnt work
March 20, 2008 9:11:08 AM

Thehelo is right, there is no reason the device you have wont work. Most of the consoles are 8802.11b or g at this point so make sure you have the router set to mixed with all of the bands enabled and run it at 2.4ghz instead of the possible 5 on some of them. Honestly the vast majority of routers out there today should do what you want.
!