Screen Freeze with Bootup from XP CD

hesperides

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Hey, basicly my old Hard drive for some reason or another died. I got a second hand one off a friend which I beleive and he beleives to be allright. = Baracuda 7200 .6 160gb HDD IDE... Obviously when starting it gets stuck on Error loading OS.. So I restarted went into boot menu and placed CDDrive as no1 boot. Placed my XP disk in... it went through the stages:
Press any key to boot..
Setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration..
-----now on the blue screen of "Press f6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.... that passes by what should appear next is sposed to be a screen saying "press enter to install windows xp or R to repair," but that doesn't load up instead I am stuck with....

Is this a Ram issue or ? This has been bugging me for two days now and I havn't got a clue anymore of how to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas :( ? thank you...

Chris

hesperides

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Hmm, when it stars up it says error in Cmos.. reverting to defaults.. So i have to change the bootup menu everytime.. which is fairly annoying. Other than that the only issue is the crashing/freezing at the blue screen.. I'll try Ultimate Boot CD.