Recommended water Pump

bendecki

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
the system that i am eventually going to be WCing is 1 cpu (e6700), northbridge, and 2 8800 GTXs, all of this with 1/2 tubing preferably

i have been told that the Laing Pump is a great pump but i just wanted to double check that it would be able to hand this set up

also does anyone know if the size of the reservoir actually matters?? because i have seen some tiny ones like Swiftech Micro and huge ones like the Danger Den Dual 5.25 Bay Reservoir and personally i think the tiny would be much nicer as long as there was not some major down side to having it

AdamBomb42

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Laing pumps and great but a little pricey. I am using a DD Mag II LE and it works great for only costing $50. I have heard about the DD Mag II failing, but I have not had any bad experience with it so far.
As far reservoir size goes, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I am using a small cylindrical reservoir and my idle is about 3 degrees above amient with load in the 40C range on my Opty 170 @ 2.8.

WestWarrior

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
woah, woah woah. If you are going to be pumping through a cpu, nb, and 2 GPUs, and also all those Radiators (you are probley gonna want to get at least a triple and dual rad), then something with a max head of a few meters is NOT going to cut it. My recommendation is to break into 2 loops. something like this

Res>Pump>PA120.2>CPU>NB>Res

Res>Pump>PA120.3>GPU>GPU>Res

The heat dump of both of those GTXs is gonna need at least a triple rad for itself. However if you want to put it all on a single loop, then i would probley go for either 2 DDC-2s w/Petras Top or an Iwaki RD-30. If you are going dual loop, then a DDC-2 w/Petras Top is good enough for each.

Water Cooling is an investment, its gonna cost some money. Dont waste it on a cheap little pump thats not gonna work for your system.

bendecki

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
ok thanks for the advice

im going to stick to just one loop at the moment since i will be cooling only a CPU and GPU but ill probably be making the upgrade down the road