cannot connect to master server

hey all, i cannot connect to the master server and i cannot enable
punkbuster.i just reinstalled q3 after a year of not playing so maybe im
missing something.i have no firewall or router.
i can connect if i specify an ip,but then i cant play on certain servers
without punkbuster.
any help will be greatly appreciated.

p.s im running on mandrake 10 point release 1.32b

dude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:10:26 +0200, bit_junkie wrote:

> hey all, i cannot connect to the master server and i cannot enable
> punkbuster.i just reinstalled q3 after a year of not playing so maybe im
> missing something.i have no firewall or router. i can connect if i
> specify an ip,but then i cant play on certain servers without
> punkbuster.
> any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> p.s im running on mandrake 10 point release 1.32b

me too!!!
I am also using release 1.32b on debian woody
worked fine till yesterday

dude wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:1hinds+0200, bit_junkie wrote:
>
>> hey all, i cannot connect to the master server and i cannot enable
>> punkbuster.i just reinstalled q3 after a year of not playing so maybe im
>> missing something.i have no firewall or router. i can connect if i
>> specify an ip,but then i cant play on certain servers without
>> punkbuster.
>> any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> p.s im running on mandrake 10 point release 1.32b
>
> me too!!!
> I am also using release 1.32b on debian woody
> worked fine till yesterday

I get 'no response from master server' since yesterday.
Is there a notification page where the server status is placed ?

--
Email address: hihihi wanadoo nl
Replace the spaces with @ and .

hihihi wrote:
> dude wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 01:1hinds+0200, bit_junkie wrote:
>>

>>>hey all, i cannot connect to the master server and i cannot enable
>>>punkbuster.i just reinstalled q3 after a year of not playing so maybe im
>>>missing something.i have no firewall or router. i can connect if i
>>>specify an ip,but then i cant play on certain servers without
>>>punkbuster.
>>>any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>>p.s im running on mandrake 10 point release 1.32b
>>
>>me too!!!
>>I am also using release 1.32b on debian woody
>>worked fine till yesterday
>

> I get 'no response from master server' since yesterday.
> Is there a notification page where the server status is placed ?

well glad to know im not the only one having problems, not sure about
the notification page ill have to look into that, but any ideas on the
punkbuster problem? because in the mean time i can still play if i
specicify a server but not on alot of them without punkbuster.
also if you would like heres a link for an active server list:

> http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake3/

they dont have anything about the master being down or "moved"

bit_junkie wrote:

> hihihi wrote:
>
>> dude wrote:

>>> me too!!!
>>> I am also using release 1.32b on debian woody
>>> worked fine till yesterday
>>

>> I get 'no response from master server' since yesterday.
>> Is there a notification page where the server status is placed ?
>>

> well glad to know im not the only one having problems, not sure about
> the notification page ill have to look into that, but any ideas on the
> punkbuster problem? because in the mean time i can still play if i
> specicify a server but not on alot of them without punkbuster.
> also if you would like heres a link for an active server list:
>
>> http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake3/
>

> they dont have anything about the master being down or "moved"

You connect to the servers ingame, dont you? I got this problem too, but
when you are using HLSW or All Seeing Eye to conect to a server, that
works. I have no idea why!!?!?!?! :)