cdkey invalid ?

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2004 6:10:39 PM

Hi!

In multiplayer mode, I sometimes get the error message "invalid cd key", but
only on certain servers. Connecting to and playing on other servers works
fine. Needless to say, my CD key is fine. Anyone knows what's going on here,
and what to do about it?

More about : cdkey invalid

Anonymous
July 20, 2004 5:50:56 AM

Alexander Oberhuber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In multiplayer mode, I sometimes get the error message "invalid cd key", but
> only on certain servers. Connecting to and playing on other servers works
> fine. Needless to say, my CD key is fine. Anyone knows what's going on here,
> and what to do about it?

I get that, too. Sometimes, I restart Quake, sometimes I go into the
setup and select CD Key and just re-accept it, and most of the time I
just try another server.

Cheers,
-Scott
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 12:32:19 AM

S Yanoff <yanoff@NOSPAMMING> wrote:

>I get that, too. Sometimes, I restart Quake, sometimes I go into the
>setup and select CD Key and just re-accept it, and most of the time I
>just try another server.

Same here. I've got no clue why. Cheers to ya too. :)
Related resources
July 22, 2004 10:37:26 AM

its because you have duplicate cd key set ups in your base q3 files. this
happens alot when you use mods...

To all of you with this problem... here is my solution to it, and it works
everytime...
inside your baseq3 folder... you'll see the q3key file

delete it

then start up q3, retype your cdkey and you should be back in the game. I've
had to do that every once in a while and it works everytime. =) hope this
helps you guys out. after a few times i memorized my cdkey, so now it's no
hassle to go and look for the CD case =)

http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy3d/topic.asp?fid=4356...

"Alexander Oberhuber" <aloh@x-mail.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> In multiplayer mode, I sometimes get the error message "invalid cd key",
but
> only on certain servers. Connecting to and playing on other servers works
> fine. Needless to say, my CD key is fine. Anyone knows what's going on
here,
> and what to do about it?

August 1, 2004 5:36:00 PM

Tried that, deleted the cd key file, re-entered it, "accepted" try to
play no luck. Tried re-booting. Nope. I have the cd in the drive. I'm
not using Gamespy. This has been a problem with Quake for YEARS and
still people are having problems. I was playing it a couple of hrs
ago, now can't get it to work.
August 2, 2004 4:59:11 PM

did you change your config file??
!