how can two players connect directly by internet to play

Hi. I'd like to play quake3 with my friend. Is it possible to do it without
using an external server? Can one create his own server for the time being
so as to frag by internet? How to set "dedicated" option: no or Internet?
Are there any reasons for why one can't join such a server?

D.K.

mack

No you can do this and he does not need to run a dedicated server. He starts
the multiplayer server in his menus then to connect just pull down your
consol and type in /connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx is his ip address
you do not need port if he is only running one server. One problem is he
will have a ping of 0 and you may have a 100 plus depending on his and your
bandwidth.
If you do not know his address just have him type in a browser
www.whatismyip.com to find his ip.

"Dariusz" <d.kalocinski@xl.wp.pl> wrote in message
> Hi. I'd like to play quake3 with my friend. Is it possible to do it
without
> using an external server? Can one create his own server for the time being
> so as to frag by internet? How to set "dedicated" option: no or Internet?
> Are there any reasons for why one can't join such a server?
>
> D.K.

Thanks, yet I have still problems joining a serwer. What about "mis-typed
cd-key"? I have typed it correctly.

D.K.