Sign in with
Your question

Selling Webistes for Electronics

Last response: in Work & Education
December 23, 2010 5:39:13 PM

I would like to know websites where I can sell some stuff in local as well as international markets.

These websites should not ask for Credit/Debit card details as I only believe in Bank transfer/Western Union and nothing else.

Let me know such websites where selling & Buying is done on a large scale in National as well as International countries. I don mind even if you provide me forums also where selling gives a good profit.
December 23, 2010 5:55:57 PM

You should probably know that almost no one will buy anything off you if the only thing you take is wire transfer. It's common knowledge that it's a red flag for a scam operation. Use Paypal and get over your aversion to credit cards.
December 23, 2010 5:59:02 PM

Paypal accounts 75% of them are hacked every yr. Some or the other members keep complaining. That is the reason in India Western Union/Bank Transfers works.
Related resources
December 23, 2010 6:02:01 PM

John1234 said:
Paypal accounts 75% of them are hacked every yr.

If that were true they wouldn't be in business. Much less one of the most trusted and well-known names in transaction management.

You know how they got this reputation? Because methods such as wire transfers are a hotbed for scammers. People know this.
December 23, 2010 6:08:13 PM

If u check Yahoo chat rooms, most of the ppl are selling paypal logins and everything. So I personally don trust paypal
December 23, 2010 6:18:17 PM

John1234 said:
If u check Yahoo chat rooms, most of the ppl are selling paypal logins and everything. So I personally don trust paypal

Yes, because the people that are selling them got the addresses from phishing emails posing as paypal asking them for their paypal information. Those people are also stupid enough to respond to emails asking them for their bank information, SSN, etc. Paypal uses TLS with 168-bit encryption on their site for all data exchanges. Actually hacking (rather than email phishing) account information on their site is next to impossible as it stands now. As long as you're not an idiot who gives out their account information to anyone with an email address you stand a very minimal chance of being hacked.
December 23, 2010 6:25:47 PM

If you don't believe that wire transfers are scam centers, please read the following advice from the United States Attorney General regarding them:

"Classified ad purchases – fake sellers: Cons post bogus advertisements for cars or other high-ticket items then ask for payment via wire transfer. Other times, they may suggest use of a phony escrow company.

How to protect yourself: Deal with local sellers. Question any seller who insists on using a particular form of payment and refuse requests to wire money."

If the United States Federal Government is issuing warnings to consumers telling them not to use wire transfer, then it's a safe bet to say it's probably not safe.
December 23, 2010 7:32:40 PM

Can US government Law guarantee about Paypal account not being hacked and if its hacked and whatever amount gets stolen will they give it back b4 they catch the thief or the hacker? Is that mentioned by the United States Law?
December 25, 2010 12:14:04 AM

Well... Actually... The government not only has no detrimental statements regarding paypal... The US, State, and local governments USE paypal.

https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_r...

...so please stop your senseless vendetta against them. It's unfounded and has no credible information source to back it up...
February 1, 2011 2:04:44 AM

PsychoTeddy provided excellent information and cited numerous sources in his replies. This is the type of information that should be HIGHLIGHTED and presented to all persons considering online financial transactions.

I would go a step further in the PayPal scenario and submit for consideration that PayPal probably has a Fraud Investigation division and may themselves be the ones posting information on various chatrooms and IRC channels in an attempt to "reverse phish" the Con-artists, scammer and trolls into using information they believe is legitimate. The problem with crime (generally speaking) is that there are EVEN LESS guarantees on your success than with legitimate online transactions. At least with the legitimate online transactions conducted within the framework the provider (such as PayPal) has created, they will PROBABLY stand by their system and honor misdirected payments and compromised information.

In the case of information being voluntarily compromised, well, the exploitation of the weakest link in the chain is something NOBODY can do anything about! If a person was willing to provide their personal account information to a website that only "appeared" to be legitimate BUT which they did not attempt to verify or confirm, then they were "the weakest link" and should be responsibile for their own stupidity.

Personally I hope that anyone using account numbers they obtained from a chatroom is CAUGHT and prosecuted to the full extent of the law in BOTH countries where the transaction was processed! What could be worse than being convicted of a crime in India and also having the privilege of travelling to the United States ten years later stripped away? Committing a felony and having a criminal record on your resume is NOT something employers want.

Are legitimate business transactions in India done "on terms" (such as '90 Days Same As Cash') so that companies may invoice each other and pay by certified check -- or official company check, a short time later? Admittedly I know almost nothing about international business, but I believe there are higher level (i.e. "legitimate") business practices used when buying and selling hard goods (such as electronics) in large quantities. If a non-U.S. company is unwilling to consider adopting the same type of business practices used to conduct legitimate business elsewhere, then I say, "Its their loss. Somebody else will buy the stuff."

~
!