Sign in with
Your question

How to uninstall windows 8 developer preview

Last response: in Windows 8
February 29, 2012 8:24:13 PM

I downloaded windows 8 to try it out but do not like it. I downloaded while on windows xp and cannot get it (windows 8) to unistall
February 29, 2012 9:36:28 PM

Did you install it on a partition? If not then you basically destroyed your last OS and need to do a fresh install.

Also, you had windows 8 for like a few hours and already dont' like it? Maybe you should try it longer. I installed it on a desktop and netbook. It turn the netbook into a speed demon and my desktop into a masterpiece with its beauty.
m
l
February 29, 2012 9:48:31 PM

You need to restore from the backup you made before you installed a pre-release operating system. You did make a backup didn't you?

I cannot believe how often things like this happen. I just had to fix a friend's computer after he botched his boot drive after replacing a faulty motherboard. Turned a 30-45 min fix into 6 hours. All could have been avoided by a simple backup system.
m
l
Related resources
February 29, 2012 10:28:46 PM

You cant uninstall it. You have to do a reformat, reinstall.
m
l
March 15, 2012 2:47:13 AM

phamhlam said:
Did you install it on a partition? If not then you basically destroyed your last OS and need to do a fresh install.

Also, you had windows 8 for like a few hours and already dont' like it? Maybe you should try it longer. I installed it on a desktop and netbook. It turn the netbook into a speed demon and my desktop into a masterpiece with its beauty.

phamhlam, I have a Dell968w printer that will not work with Windows 7 so I tried Windows 8... but didnot work either… do you have a recomendation? Thanks!
m
l
March 21, 2012 11:15:02 AM

phamhlam said:

I am so sorry to mention but looks like Microsoft Made another failure like when it did with the vista, i tried the windows 8 (it is a BIG Desapointment)and to be hounest it dosn't look like anything like windows 7 i was expecting more from microsoft , I am sure that it's too late for microsoft to withdraw the whole production, but if they don't have anything ready beyond windows 8 then they are in a deep deep s**t, they just copied an android menu and put it into a new windows 8, i dout if they will have the sells that they are hoping for coz they won't, there is no discription or a comparission to the windows 7.

To bad that microsoft didn't learn from it's own mistakes with the Vista and now they are going to make even a bigger mistake in time where everything in turms of windows counts.

Anyways this is my own opinion on this matter, so unless it will be bought from 15 years old boys to play with then i will stick to my windows 7 and maybe if microsoft decides to get back on track with somthing more seriouse and more professional i might go to Mac.
m
l
March 22, 2012 1:43:01 PM

I'm kind of hopeful that maybe they will add in a classic mode for those of us who like Windows 7. But you gotta remember too, this may be their strategy, hit tablets hard this time around, and get into that market strong, and then when Windows 9 is ready to come out, they may have refined it better to where it can be on tablets and PC's as we all know. I think many businesses are just getting to deploying Windows 7, so Microsoft could be banking on that.

Though I agree, there needs to be a classic mode so those of us on desktops/laptops will be able to use a Windows 7 like interface.
m
l
June 19, 2012 1:46:42 AM

Well, I like it but what happened to my "Start" button at the bottom left of my desktop?
m
l
June 19, 2012 5:53:09 PM

Gone. I'm a tech myself. I actually formatted my laptop that I had installed Windows 8 on, and reinstalled Vista.
m
l
June 21, 2012 1:37:50 AM

copy important files to an external.... fresh install of XP or 7. otherwise it's just going to be shitty.
m
l
!