$150 Charge for insufficient funds

Friend of mine who plays CoH said that recently his account didn't have
enough money for him to be charged the monthly fee. Then he claims that
part of NCSoft's policy is that if there isn't enough in the account,
they charge $150. There are a few reasons I have issues believing him
on this, but I'm wondering if anyone here can verify or disprove the
entire idea. Thanks.

John Strong wrote:
> Friend of mine who plays CoH said that recently his account didn't
have
> enough money for him to be charged the monthly fee. Then he claims
that
> part of NCSoft's policy is that if there isn't enough in the account,

> they charge $150. There are a few reasons I have issues believing
him
> on this, but I'm wondering if anyone here can verify or disprove the
> entire idea. Thanks.

There was a month where my card didn't have enough available credit for
CoH. I wasn't charged a fee from NCSoft. I don't see anything on
NCSoft's website about this policy. My opinion is that he misread his
credit card statement.

John Strong <angrycornflake@spamfree.comcast.net> once tried to test me
with:

> Friend of mine who plays CoH said that recently his account didn't have
> enough money for him to be charged the monthly fee. Then he claims that
> part of NCSoft's policy is that if there isn't enough in the account,
> they charge $150. There are a few reasons I have issues believing him
> on this, but I'm wondering if anyone here can verify or disprove the
> entire idea. Thanks.

Ummm if he doesn't have enough credit for $15, how are they going to
squeeze out $150? :)

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com> wrote:
> There was a month where my card didn't have enough available credit for
> CoH. I wasn't charged a fee from NCSoft. I don't see anything on
> NCSoft's website about this policy. My opinion is that he misread his
> credit card statement.

Sounds like - it could have been a case where the charge put his card over
limit, with a fee or required minimum payment of some kind. Perhaps one or
the other made his payment $150 instead of the usual $25 or whatever.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:36:55 -0600, John Strong
<angrycornflake@spamfree.comcast.net> wrote:

> Friend of mine who plays CoH said that recently his account didn't have
> enough money for him to be charged the monthly fee. Then he claims that
> part of NCSoft's policy is that if there isn't enough in the account,
> they charge $150. There are a few reasons I have issues believing him
> on this, but I'm wondering if anyone here can verify or disprove the
> entire idea. Thanks.

If he doesn't pay the monthly fee, NCSoft will discontinue the service.
You may want to visit their website if you want to look for wild geese in
their contracts ... it's not like these contracts are signed in blood
behind locked doors.

good sign." -G